• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gauchomigo

gauchomigo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

I've done xclamp replacement on two consoles that had the RRod (3 lights) The fix got both consoles booting and playing properly, but only using standard video - blank screen once you switch the HD/TV switch to HD. The console reboots, you hear the audio, but no output. I've checked my hookups, tried 2 separate TVs and 2 different HD cables to no avail.

I've searched several forums with no luck.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

#2 p911sc

p911sc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

When in the regular composite mode, try adjusting the HDTV setting in your console settings to 480 and then try switching back to HD. If you get video, then try going back to your original resolution. I also had this problem and after messing around with it, I finally tried this and it worked. Good luck.

Edited by p911sc, 22 February 2008 - 11:17 PM.

#3 Aeneidos

Aeneidos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(gauchomigo @ Feb 22 2008, 09:17 PM) View Post

I've done xclamp replacement on two consoles that had the RRod (3 lights) The fix got both consoles booting and playing properly, but only using standard video - blank screen once you switch the HD/TV switch to HD. The console reboots, you hear the audio, but no output. I've checked my hookups, tried 2 separate TVs and 2 different HD cables to no avail.

I've searched several forums with no luck.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

step one: buy a hdtv set than try switching to hd mode.

just kidding. sorry i couldnt resist.

ill shut up now sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users