Photo

Is Is Posible To Load And Execute From Ram An Xbe ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mad3d

mad3d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

Anyone?
Thanks in advance

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hi,

what do you mean, load and execute from ram? Every xbe is loaded in ram before it is executed. Even the bios is loaded and decoded in ram.
The xbox hardware has a lot of resemblance with a pc. So, you can access it's ide interface even without the use of the bios. It's a very easy way to read or write a sector to and from the disk. It is just a slow method. You can find some examples in the liveinfo v3 source code. Apparently, that program was designed to run on pc and on xbox. The xbox routines are still in the source.

regards.

#3 mad3d

mad3d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for your answer, well Im trying to do a XBE menu with some embledded XBE ( all 1 single xbe ) and acording to selection on menu, launch one of the included xbe. I have done this on ps2 but I cannt find an equivalent function on any xbox sdk available.

About reading sector, I mean DVD sector, just checked live info v3 source but its all about hdd basically.

I hope you get me , my english sucks smile.gif

#4 ekszbox

ekszbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

Unless you can find a better way, you'll probably just have to extract the xbe from the xbe to cache and run it from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users