• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spynx

spynx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

I used xboxhdm to format a hdd for my x-box v1.1 and while trying to lock it I had to do it 4x. the first time it set the master p/w as XBOXSCENE, the 2x it changed to XBOXSCENE0, the 3x it changed to XBXSCENE00. the fourth time it must have changed it again, but did'nt save the file. I've tried every logical p/w along the lines of the change pattern but can't unlock the drive (Maxtor 40g) with eithier the master p/w or the p/w generated from the eeprom. Is there a 4th XBOXSCENE default master p/w? I'm getting nowhere fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:11 AM

I have never ran into that problem. Have you tried booting into option 4 and typing ATAPWD To view the locked status? You can unlock with a master password there also. You may need to print out the eeprom and try to unlock it manually.

#3 spynx

spynx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Feb 26 2008, 01:47 AM) View Post

I have never ran into that problem. Have you tried booting into option 4 and typing ATAPWD To view the locked status? You can unlock with a master password there also. You may need to print out the eeprom and try to unlock it manually.

I tried option 4 but it would'nt accept the password. yesterday I went online and for $4.95 A-FF hddunlock was able to unlock it for me. Now I can do it from scratch again. Thanx for the post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users