3 replies to this topic

#1 HeLLSaTaN

HeLLSaTaN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:19 AM

I got a 360 from a friend with 2 ring of death. opened it up and i noticed the fan did not start.
The fan works when i put it in my xbox... Anyway I can fix this?

#2 Wheezy13

Wheezy13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:14 AM

Sounds like a short somewhere on the motherboard... Has he done the X-Clamp replacement or anything?

#3 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:39 AM

He probably has a blown transistor on his motherboard. You can try bridging the points shown in Grim187's thread (case/hardware modding forum I believe) to do a 12v mod, and if that works, then you know the problem is the transistor. From there you can change the voltage to ~9v or 7v, depending what type of connection you use for the negative power wire, since 12v is ridiculously loud.

#4 HeLLSaTaN

HeLLSaTaN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(Wheezy13 @ Feb 25 2008, 07:50 PM) View Post

Sounds like a short somewhere on the motherboard... Has he done the X-Clamp replacement or anything?

No he has not

QUOTE(brandogg @ Feb 25 2008, 10:15 PM) View Post

He probably has a blown transistor on his motherboard. You can try bridging the points shown in Grim187's thread (case/hardware modding forum I believe) to do a 12v mod, and if that works, then you know the problem is the transistor. From there you can change the voltage to ~9v or 7v, depending what type of connection you use for the negative power wire, since 12v is ridiculously loud.

I guess I will have to do this... ugg....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users