• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chipedge

chipedge

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:26 AM

I have read all the tutorials and am confident in modding my v1.0 xbox. The one question they don't answer is this: Does your xbox need to be able to boot with it's own BIOS before I mod it? In other words, I have the screen where it tells me that in 6 different languages that there is a software or hardware error (v1.0 does not give error code numbers). Can I install a modchip to override any underlying firmware/software issues? Thank you. I looked and searched and have not found a post regarding this or said similar issues.

#2 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:32 AM

That would depend entirely on the error. If you have no code, and no idea what is wrong, then it might, or nght not work...

#3 chipedge

chipedge

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

ok, say it was a bad hard drive. Is it then possible to put a mod chip in and simultaneously replace the hard drive? Or do you need a hard drive with the FATX file system on it first, before you mod it?

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:02 PM

Hi,

with a modchip and the correct bios, you should be able to boot the xbox from a dvd or cdrw, even with a blank harddisk connected to the xbox. You can use something like the Slayers rescue disk to partition and format the new disk.

regards.

#5 chipedge

chipedge

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. Last question is: Do you recommend a particular chip for such a swap? I have read on some tutorials that in order for the mod to work, you must start with a working xbox. Most of the online stores have sold-out of certain models. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users