13 replies to this topic

#1 swjedi101

swjedi101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:55 AM

Bought a console off ebay, repaired it, and it works great.

there are family settings on the machine, no rated R or M rated games.

called microsoft, the machine is registered to someone else.

there is no way for me to get access to the information.

question: how does microsoft even reset it? do they do it through XB Live via a terminal? i tried lots of reset tricks, none worked.

any ideas? this is a tragedy of epic proportions. thank you.

#2 thili55

thili55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:05 AM

LOL I once had the exact same issue. Bought a broken 360 on ebay, fixed it, and the parental controls prevented any xbox live use. Now thats tragedy. I tried the reset code to no avail. So I ended up just trying many different passcodes until I got it. Took 30 some odd tries. Ended up being XYYX lol

#3 swjedi101

swjedi101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

two ideas:

could you hook the controller inputs up to a pc and run a brute force attack? i mean i know this is possible, but ever hear of anyone doing it? you can haven infinity tries, it doesn't make you stop.

could someone use the infectus to downgrade the dashboard? would that reset the settings?

#4 Ddude723

Ddude723

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

Call MS again....eventually you'll get someone that will reregister the console to you.

#5 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

Just hammer on the gamepad. Never took me more than 30 secs to get the code this way smile.gif I don't know what I pressed but at least I could disable the parental control.

#6 swjedi101

swjedi101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

ok i will call MS tomorrow, agian, and agrue some more

ive tried maybe 100 combos for the code by brute force. i think that it is easier to get the xbox Live password than family settings password (or maybe i'm wrong, is it the same?)... the family settings password has 10 buttons, which there is 4 placements for the code. which means 10^4 is 10,000 permutations. ive pressed in a lot of codes (a lot were duplicates) and it would take forever to get the right one, if the dad was being good about setting a code.

so if you guys really think i have a chance at getting this console set in my name?

how do they reset the password even if i was on the account? do they log into the console with and do it themselves via the internet (xbox live)?

thanks!

#7 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

Did you try all the button combinations like, xxxx, yyyy, aaaa, bbbb, etc.? Seems like most people I know that use them thats how it goes.

#8 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

Can you not just email the guy you bought it from on eBay and ask them to tell you the code?.

#9 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Feb 27 2008, 06:40 PM) View Post

Can you not just email the guy you bought it from on eBay and ask them to tell you the code?.

+1 I woulda tried that first, and speak to him to give you registration access to so you can re register.

#10 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Feb 27 2008, 12:40 PM) View Post

he could definitely try that but the thing I've found out from buying broken 360's off of ebay is that the person selling it is rarely the original owner but its worth a shot I guess

#11 swjedi101

swjedi101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

hey guys thanks for the feedback.

yes i should have mentioned that i emailed the guy i bought it from. but he is one of those 2000+ power sellers and i know he's just reselling them..... to further complicate this, i noticed when i got the machine that the case was much newer than the machine by a year.... in the dashboard i get one S# and on the case i get a different one..... when i called tech support i gave them the number off the dashboard, figuring thats the one to give them since they might need to log into the console or something. anyway thanks again

#12 swaneejuggalo

swaneejuggalo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:RC cars (Nitro only) Xbox modding and vinyl decal making.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:55 PM

i found it and just tried it and it works the code is done while in the system info screen on system blade

ltrig rtrig x y lbump rbump x x left left
it will reset everything

#13 swjedi101

swjedi101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

i just tried it - didnt work.

maybe it matters what kernel version? this is the newest, 6683

thanks swanee

when you type in the code does it give you a prompt or something? i saw on another forum that it does - when i type it in i get nothing. also, it seems like it doesnt work because on the last part of the code i can type in "up up" or "down down" instead of "left left" and it still kicks me out of the screen without saying anything.

thanks again

#14 swaneejuggalo

swaneejuggalo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:RC cars (Nitro only) Xbox modding and vinyl decal making.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

you input it on the system info screen? how do you know wich kernel you have? i just noticed on mine you can replace xx with yy and aa lb lb rb rb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users