KeizerSoze

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

i have the latest xBmc build and i've been successful with scanning my music into the library. i like the fact that i can highlight an album and choose 'manually add to library'. however, i don't have that option for video folders.

i have folders for TV shows with a ton of episodes in each folder. for some shows, i have one folder (name: the show title) and inside that folder are sub folders for each season (name: season 1, season 2, etc) when i choose set content, i select 'this directory contains TV Shows' then 'run automated scan' then it scans. well, the files never show up in the library. now, i have noticed the option to manually add an episode at a time to the library. but, come on now, that defeats the purpose, no? shouldn't it be equally as easy as adding music? is there anyway to get around this?

now, for movies, i've successfully added those to the library. however, i like the way my folders are organized as is. i add my own pics for the folder art and name them according to how i like them organized. i don't want my folder art to be changed. i did notice an option to disable that (so i think) but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to get the 360 to view JUST what i want it to view for my videos?

example: i want to go to my 360 and when i choose my XBMC: Media Center source, i want to be able to see one folder (name: tv show title), select it and then see my other sub folders (name: season 1, season 2, etc) which contain the episodes i want to view.

also, i've noticed that depending on what source i choose for scanning the content for video, the xBox will hang and become non responsive thus forcing me to get up off my lazy ass to reboot.

can someone pleeeeze help me out here? thanks!!

#2 Jonlee

Jonlee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

For the first part scanning in videos, make sure that your files are named correctly. What I did is have all my tv shows in a folder called tv, then set content on the tv folder to tv, and run an automated scan. The TV shows need to have the season and episode number in their title somewhere (Ex. Season 1 Episode 3 could be 1x03, S1E03, etc ).So it's TV->Show Name->Season X->SXEXX. You shouldn't have to set each folders content inside the tv folder.

For the second part I'm not sure as I haven't tried that before

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users