10 replies to this topic

#1 G4MER360

G4MER360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

Ok hi fellas,

i have a question i was wondering about the 555 timers and wondering if it could be used instead of a pic microcontroller in this set up - http://consolecustom...ed_high_res.pdf

using this setup they have, can you swith out the pic for a 555? or would that not work?

#2 Steve-0

Steve-0

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:putting blue 3mm led's in things that doesn't already have them, cutting holes, oooh oooh and plexi.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

hi let me be the first to say welcome to the forums.

the last rapid fire mod i did i made a 555 astable circuit and used 2 variable resistors one resistor for the length of the button press and one for how fast the button is pressed, i just added inline with the extra button. it wasnt the neatest looking thing and couldnt fit inside the controller but it did the job fine for me.

#3 census007

census007

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:19 PM

If you buy that kit it will work.
you cant just get any 14 pin pic chip.
it was to be programed with the rapid fire informations.

#4 phlsphr420

phlsphr420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Halo, Go, electronics
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:24 PM

I'm afraid that I know from personal experience that it won't work =(

I've tried a few different schematics now, and I'm actually in the process of doing the cparsell version. I'll write back to let you know how it works. I've tried doing what you are asking about and I've tried SummitG's version:

Halfway down the page, has screenshots

The first version, where I tried what you are suggesting, just didn't work at all. SummitG's version worked, but it was inconsistent, sometimes it worked amazingly, sometimes it worked like poo.

Good luck =)

#5 phlsphr420

phlsphr420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:09 AM

Well crap. I just finished, and it acts as if it's just holding down the right trigger all the time. The rapid fire button doesn't even work at all. Arg.

#6 phlsphr420

phlsphr420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:27 AM

Appearantly I can't edit. Alright, found my problem. I followed a schematic posted by Gifters, which it seems is afu. He had the 1k8 resistor between the right trigger and the base of the NPN transistor, instead of the collector and right trigger. I just fixed it, but it still doesn't work, it just acts as if I'm pressing the right trigger as normal. WTJF man, can I not get a good schematic around here? The left turbo button does nothing at all. I swear, when I figure this out, I'm just going to make a good schematic and post it, so nobody ever has to endure this crap again =P

Any help would be appreciated.

#7 G4MER360

G4MER360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:52 AM

ok if i was going to give this a shot doing it myself, where would i get all the materials anyway? the 555? resistors? capacitors? all that stuff?

do you have to use a cmos 555 timer if you are doing this on a wired controller??

#8 census007

census007

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:08 AM

i got everything at
http://www.allelectronics.com/
and some other stuff like helping hands

#9 G4MER360

G4MER360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:44 AM

thanks, ok i think that i could put this 555 timer scheme together from scratch if there was some step by step instructions ( maybe with pictures? ) of it saying well first you take this, then you attach this... that sort of thing. does anyone know of a site with that? does anyone already have something like that on here?

#10 phlsphr420

phlsphr420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

Hey gamer, I got it working for the most part, but the left trigger is still inconsistent. If you want, I'll walk you through what to get and how to do it via messenger. I plan on making a tut after I figure out what's going on with the left trigger, so we don't have so many threads about such a simply project =P

Feel free to get ahold of me on messenger,
phlsphr420@hotmail.com on msn,
phlsphr42 on aim or yahoo

Take it easy =)

#11 G4MER360

G4MER360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:19 PM

ok ill do that, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic