• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mbx2814

mbx2814

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:19 AM

I have read a few tutorials on these forums and other about installing leds, but a few things are still a little iffy. Some tutorials show open solderjoints on the motherboard but I am too scared to solder there. I read another tutorial that says connect all the positive LED legs to one AWG wire and then put a resistor on the other end and connect it to the fan, and same with the negetive without a resistor. How do I connect this to a fan? I was looking at this tutorial but still cant understand his wiring (Step 11)
http://www.instructa...BWLNDOF5LD8JBR/

Thanks in advance

#2 AdamWest

AdamWest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

They mean't solder the wires from the leds to the underside of the fan connector onto the mobo.

The resistor is to limit the current to the led if you try to power an led without this resistor it will burn up and blow out in short order.

Edited by AdamWest, 03 March 2008 - 03:54 PM.

#3 mbx2814

mbx2814

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:51 AM

do i need to take the little white piece off the motherboard? or does it go inside the white piece? and what is the "white piece" called?

#4 mbx2814

mbx2814

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

do i need to take the little white piece off the motherboard? or does it go inside the white piece? and what is the "white piece" called?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users