• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 taylorgr62

taylorgr62

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

Hi all, sorry if this should be in Newbie or not.

I purchased a rig for a friend with the Xenium chip (sorry not sure which one, but a few years old). When I got it at boot up it would freeze up (boot sequence you would see a Xenium screen, then an Xbox controller would appear to the right then it would boot into the Xbox black and green visuals then at last into the dashboard.

When I got it the rig worked (first day or so). I noticed once or twice the rig would freeze at the Xenium screen (i.e. the xbox image of the remote would not appear). By rebooting I could eventually get it to work. I replaced the dashboard from Evox to XBMC. It seemed to work fine (would freeze up from time to time, but would eventually get going). Now it seems to be worse (takes longer to get going, etc).

I read an article about running recovery for the Xenuim chip. My question does this fix deal with the hardware end (if I do this does it matter that I am now running XBMC on it versus Evox?)

Second question, if it is a chip issue can I have the chip removed and install something else (i.e. Xecueter3) - i.e. is the operation of modding reverseable.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users