• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stiletto

stiletto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:29 AM

I came up with this analogy to explain my problem with religion to my mother, people have a hard time getting angry and upset when your talking about cute little dogs.
I like some dogs, I donít own one but I can appreciate why people do. Some like to have them for security reasons, protect the house and family. Others feel itís important to get one for their kids so they can learn to be gentle and responsible from feeding and walking the dog. I personally love it when you take the kids to the park and someoneís dog runs up unleashed to lick, paw, and terrify your children. When they come to get the dog of course they say its harmless, then since they feel the dog introduced itself they decide to stay and talk to you about it. Other people take it even further buying little purses and taking the dog everywhere with them, into stores and other peopleís houses. They say it wouldnít be fair to leave the dog alone at home, and itís for the dogs benefit, although said dog dressed in a hot pink sweater and hat in the matching pink purse looking more like an accessory than mans best friend might disagree. Probably the majority of us have encountered that friend or family member that brings the dog to the barbeque and lets it run around wild, poop everywhere and does nothing but extol on the benefits of having one and how much better his breed is than everyone elseís. Basically forcing it on you and your family, so you leave the barbeque exhausted. Last but not least is the person who gets a dog, leashes it in the back yard ignores it for the most part except when itís beneficial to them. Makes you wonder why they got one in the first place. As I said I like dogs, donít mind petting one now and again and I admit they are cute. Itís hard not to walk by a pet store and fall for those big brown eyes. However I am not about to buy one and take it home. For those of you who do decide to adopt one, please keep it on a leash.

#2 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:55 AM

yeah christians are stupid hypocrites...

* not being sarcastic wink.gif

#3 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:05 AM

I don't understand why people say a whole bin of apples is bad just because one peice is rotten. It only takes one bad apple to make a whole group look bad. The people that can't look beyond the rotten apple and see that there is good in the bunch are simply prejudice.

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

false logic: if you only come across 'bad apples' (or if theyre the only ones screaming at you rolleyes.gif ), why would you have to always point out that there are 'good ones' as well when debating with them? should be a given in civilized conversation...

*and yes i realize my comment was caustic, but i was kidding/directing at the nut jobs i always encounter... wink.gif

#5 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:57 AM

Throw the bad apple out. Ignore the bad apple. Or beat the hell out of it and make into applesauce. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users