• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rhino1598

Rhino1598

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:45 AM

Hello all I just installed and got working my two new drives my reading drive is a samsung sh-d162c rom flashed with kreon 1.0 and for burning I use a pioneer dvr-112dbk. I was using xbox creator for ripping and burning an am using verbatim dvd+r dl 2.4x made in singapore. My trial copy seemed to rip fine did it quick and seemingly painlessly. When I save the file it is an .iso file correct? Well after it ripped I went to burn it and chose to pick the file however there were two with the same name one was only 44kbs and the other file was 7.34gb so I chose the bigger of the two to burn. The burn finished however it took almost an hour and a half to complete. I then used img burn to verify the burn however the size shows up differntly then that listed in the tut how to verify a burn. I have not gotten my 360 flashed yet i am doing that this weekend and was wanting to bring a verified game to check it out after flashing it. Is this possible. Is there something I am missing in the process? Should I use img burn to burn the game and xbc to rip it? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

#2 Eluder

Eluder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:22 PM

Rip using XBCr, and burn using ImgBurn. When opening the image file, open the .DVD file (the small file). That'll contain the layer break info for the ISO. It should take under 40 mins to burn the full disc at 2.4x speed. You can check if your image is ok using the Image Tools tab, Stealth Check within XBCr. That's a fairly good check to try first.

#3 Rhino1598

Rhino1598

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

When I burn the game after ripping the file with xbcr should I burn the game by going into xbcr and choosing imgburn as the burn or should I just immediatly go into img burn and find the file from there? So the smaller of the two images contains the whole image correct? So I only need to choose the smaller of the two images and the other is just there for no reason? That just seems strange but you guys obviously know a whole lot more then me. Thanks for the help

#4 Rhino1598

Rhino1598

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:23 AM

Should there always be a .dvd file because after i rip a game they are both .iso files I believe.

#5 cory1492

cory1492

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

there were two with the same name one was only 44kbs and the other file was 7.34gb

You can't have two files with identical names and different sizes in the same place, as far as I know there isn't a PC OS that will let you do that.

44kbs is a bit big for a .dvd file though, it should be less than 1k - though if you tried to rip a disc using imgburn to an iso it often creates .mds files around that size.

The .dvd file is only really important if you haven't set the layer break manually in imgburn, follow the handy stickies around this forum as there are many places where things like setting the layer break or using imgburn to burn a 360 game are well explained.

#6 Rhino1598

Rhino1598

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:47 AM

Hello agian all well I am throughly confused on everything I think I have read to many posts and now everything has melted together. Anyways I am trying to redo my backup so I am ripping the original game and going to start over however currently as we speak my computer is ripping a game at .3x and it is only 9% done after 23 min the drive set the read speed a 12x. I am pretty sure something is very wrong. Can anyone point to a good direction I am sorry about the questions but after reading all the posts I am very confused.

#7 Rhino1598

Rhino1598

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:24 AM

Ok well I re started my computer and tried a different game the read was completed in 15mins so that seems fine. At the end of the rip it says it created a layer break file which it saved as forza.dvd. Also the size it shows as bytes used is 7,307,001,856bytes which according to sosotilt tut on xbcr is the wrong size why is that? I am doing something wrong or does it all depend on the game? Well this time I burnt it using xbcr with the img burn selected and the dvd file choosen and will let you know how it does. I guess there is really only one way to find out if this is working or not sorry my 360 isnt flashed yet I just wanted to see if this was going to work before I possibly destroyed my 360 only to have backup games of the ones sitting in their pretty little cases.

#8 DizzyC64

DizzyC64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Rhino1598 @ Mar 5 2008, 07:57 PM) View Post

"So the smaller of the two images contains the whole image correct? So I only need to choose the smaller of the two images and the other is just there for no reason? That just seems strange but you guys obviously know a whole lot more then me. Thanks for the help"

Hi Rhino,
Think of the smaller file like a shortcut you might create for a file on your pc, it just tells the data (gig file) were to go on the disc when burning.

You should really of done your research before gettin into this as theres no harm in re-doing a bad burn but a bad firmware flash could shortly follow for you if your not careful mate,research reseach...and research some more is ya best bet on this stuff otherwise you'll soon be getting a new doorstop, and an ulgy one at that smile.gif

#9 Rhino1598

Rhino1598

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:09 AM

Hello all, I didnt do any research on flashing the drive because I was bringing it to someone who actually knows what they are doing and have done many of them. Well the backups do work so I guess I was worried about nothing. Thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users