#1 Larick

Larick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:10 PM

grr.gif
I placed an order with these baboons on may 3rd, my chameleon chip got shipped out on may 23rd, and their "priority shipping" which is supposed to take 3-5 business days yet, has taken 19 days and still I have nothing. When I call them to find out whatís up, they gave me an invalid tracking number, and upon further investigation, they realized that the part was shipped from Canada, to the states, and back to Canada (where I live) and they claim that this makes shipping faster. (riiiight..) Additionally they can't track anything they ship, and the client has to wait at least 11 business days before they reship, or can investigate further (I call it lazyness personally they just don't want to be bothered to check until someone screams)

This company is SO small they only have one customer service rep. Additionally, when I called in today, the woman I was speaking to had no supervisor, and I have to call back for the 9th time tomorrow because they only have one supervisor as well (this is what they tell me every day, "call back tomorrow")

As a gesture of goodwill I asked them to simply overnight ship to me, but, of course they have no idea of customer service either, so they just kept on parroting to call back tomorrow.

As I enquired about the company more I found more and more lies. The rep didnít know who ran the company, didnít know the trade name for the company, didn't know how long the company had been in business for. The killer is that it's a family run business (or at least it sounds like it) and the rep there claims to have only been working there a month.

If you read their help forums you'll see more of the same thing, DELAYS..
Right from their forums:
"We did not receive that shipment, so yes I guess there will be even more delay. Sorry about that." (and this isn't my order either)

CLEARLY this company has no idea how to be run, and it's just blunder after blunder.

Does anyone know of a REPUTABLE company I can deal with? These clowns are ridiculous. I'm looking for the chameleon chip and thus far, I'll take a refund from these fools and order somewhere else.

Thanks!

#2 Corn-O-lio

Corn-O-lio

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:13 PM

wow, that sucks man...

#3 xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:17 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...php?act=SF&f=37

i only kno of eb2k as of the moment that sells chameleons. www.system-mods.com doesn't have them, but they are a very reputable and very good reseller.

#4 Larick

Larick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:21 PM

Does anyone have the offical page for the Chameleon? I'm pretty sure they'd like to know how they are being represented by this one company which appears to be their main distribution point.

#5 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Larick @ Jun 11 2003, 12:21 PM)
Does anyone have the offical page for the Chameleon? I'm pretty sure they'd like to know how they are being represented by this one company which appears to be their main distribution point.

Actually, Team Xodus specifically chose Easybuy2000 as the sole vendor for their chips. Any other vendors that sell them simply purchase them from EB2K.

Many, many people went through the same nightmare with the Matrix when that chip first came out. This is nothing new.

Oh, and just in case your May 3rd order seems bad, I ordered my 3 Chameleons on May 1st and it's still in pre-order.

#6 |darc|

|darc|

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Larick @ Jun 11 2003, 05:21 PM)

www.xodus-chip.com

#7 xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:31 PM

i'm pretty sure its: www.xodus-chip.com

i'm not entirely sure of this, but this is what i have pieced together about team xodus from the time that i've been here. team xodus comes up with the designs and blueprints for everything and whatnot, but it is eb2k that does the actual manufacturing of the products (matrix and chameleon) not team xodus themselves (they dont have the funds?). so basically almost all resellers of matrix & chameleon get their merchandise through eb2k one way or another (and evidentally, eb2k has a problem keeping up with demands)

correct me if i'm wrong, this is what i have been led to believe thus far...

edit: people already posted what i was gonna say while i was still typing it tongue.gif

Edited by xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx, 11 June 2003 - 03:32 PM.

#8 Larick

Larick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:40 PM

Thank you both xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx and |darc|. biggrin.gif
Is there a better chip out there? I'll glady get a refund from these guys and get another chip all together.
If there is one thing I can't deal with it's incompetence. grr.gif

#9 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:51 PM

That's really subjective. If you switch between BIOSes frequently and don't like getting off the couch, then the Chameleon's software control is handy. Most people don't do this, but it's handy if you want to stop playing your and play on XBL without getting up, it's useful.

However, software control isn't a big deal for a lot of people. If this applies to you, you may want to consider the Xecuter's solid reputation and reliability. The chips are more widely available, and the only feature they lack is the software control (they have been out for 8 months). Most of the features will be in the BIOS rather than the chip, so you won't miss much by going with an Xecuter.

Alternatively, you could wait a couple months for the Xecuter3. Team Xecuter is promising a lot from this chip, but we have yet to receive any info on it, other than the rumor that it will use the remainder of the LPC points. (!!!!)

#10 rms2001

rms2001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:Free DirecTV, playing with my XBox, and playing Half-Life and its mods.

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:53 PM

Ya EasyBuy2000 is a joke. They even got them selves busted by the RCMP for selling DitecTV and Dishtet / Bell Express Vu testing equipment.

Morons, they cant seem to do any thing right.

#11 |darc|

|darc|

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Larick @ Jun 11 2003, 05:40 PM)
Thank you both xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx and |darc|. biggrin.gif
Is there a better chip out there? I'll glady get a refund from these guys and get another chip all together.
If there is one thing I can't deal with it's incompetence. grr.gif

IMO at this point the Chameleon is the best chip at this point because of the software control... but it's not a big deal. The Xecuter 2.1 Pro which will be coming out soon is very nice also. If you don't need the printer port stuff, just get an Xecuter 2.1 Lite which is already out right now. I recommend http://www.system-mods.com/ to get the X2.1 Lite.

#12 Terragen

Terragen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:42 PM

Don't complain.

It took them TWO MONTHS to get me my chip

sad.gif

Although I ordered one for a friend 2 weeks ago and it was there a week later.. bah.

#13 Droid

Droid

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:01 PM

I know easybuy gets ripped alot but you will get your stuff, eventually. At least I always have. I've placed several orders with them in the past and have always received my goods. I do admit that they do take longer than they should but if you are patient, you will get your stuff.

#14 Droid

Droid

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:02 PM

BTW, the last order I placed was for 2 chameleons and it took them about a month for them to ship them to me. If you are willing to pay 70 bucks shipped for one I will part with it.

#15 No_Remorse_666

No_Remorse_666

The Mad Head Modder

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 June 2003 - 12:00 AM

Easybuy 2000 sucks ass, no way around that.
The best thing this scene could to to get rid of their sorry ass is
to boycot their site. The only thing they and Xudus understand is money.
They don't give a rats ass about anyone but themselfs and their cashflow.
If you stop the money going to them they might just change their ways.
I personaly believe Easybuy and Xudus are one in the same group of people.
Why would a chip producer/developer lock themselfs in with such a crappy
distributer like easybuy, makes no sence unless they are the same money
hungry people. If no one buys their product they will be forced to clean
up their act.

Whew thar felt good, lol Just my 2 cents

Edited by No_Remorse_666, 12 June 2003 - 12:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users