• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Icetruck

Icetruck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

Im trying to flash my softmodded xbox v1.4 onboard winbond bios in order to try save my coma console problem. I know the soldering points and they are taken care of with kind of macgyver trick. I have evolutionx and xbmc on my box. I transferred evox m8+ bios and tried to flash but it says it is not writeable. Somewhere i read that it cant do it, but i cant find any instructions how to do the flash without original games and gamesaves. So how is it done?

#2 kirky1991

kirky1991

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hi

I cannot remember where i read it, but with a winbound TSOP you need to flash the BIOS onto it through TELNET. I'll have a look to see if i can find it for you!

EDIT: Here you go, its a winbon flashing Tut!! http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=197389

EDIT2: just remembered you need a softmod exploit with raincoat not a normal one!!

Edited by kirky1991, 05 March 2008 - 05:42 PM.

#3 Icetruck

Icetruck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

Thanks! But how can i do it without the game?

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:24 AM

Install the save game on your system, and then browse to it using your dashboard's file manager.

(If you're not sure where it is, load up a save game manager and look for it there. Most dashboards (other then the MS Dash of course) will show you a string of letters and numbers. Go to E:\UDATA and look for a matching foldername within that).

Once you've found it, there should be one or more XBE files in there. Try selecting each, one of them should start the flashing app.

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:00 AM

if you dont want to telnet you can use a eurasia flashdisc, doesnt need the gamesave either

#6 Icetruck

Icetruck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

Thanks dudes! Eurasia souns easyer way, so i think i try it. I have two questions about it:
If i understood it correctly, the flash program will show a menu where choises are the ones in the raincoat.cfg?

My bios chip is winbond w49F020T-90B, so i will choice this:

flash = 0xda8c,"Winbond W49F020",0x40000; ? and can delete the other lines in the file?

It seems obvious but must ask anyway..

#7 Icetruck

Icetruck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

Got answers to my questions by testing.

#8 Icetruck

Icetruck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

SOLVED!!

I got my coma console back working with tsop flash using eurasia flash disc! Thank you very much for help!
Getting xbox to boot, took 2 days. Finally got it powered on by having power cable unplugged over nigth and first try it didnt boot but second rigth after it did and i could run the eurasia flash disc.

Edited by Icetruck, 09 March 2008 - 04:14 PM.

#9 Icetruck

Icetruck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

The original problem with coma console:

Coma console discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users