#1 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:21 PM

ok, i believe most of averyone here has herd of my computer tower mod since ive been talking about it so much, but i wonted to post this question about the xbox av cable and the ethernet cable. The way that i have my mother placed in my box is so that the av and ethernet cable ports are not on the side of the box. Do any stores make cat-5 ethernet cable with male on one end and female on the other end? i would just mount the female in on the side of my computer tower and the other end would plug in to the motherboard like normal, doing this i would be able to plug and unplug the ethernet cable from the outside of the box.

and my other question is about the av cable, could i take the av cable where the the 3 ports are (the yellow, white, and red ones) and cut those wires and fit female connecters onto them, and have those mounted through the case for access from the outside of the case. Then i would use male to male av cable to run from the female that i replaced the original males with on the xbox av cable with to my vcr. averything would work the same i just wont to have the plug ins mounted through my box instead of having just chords running through a hole.

does anyone know where to get these kind of av cables and cat-5 cables form?

#2 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:11 PM

ok let me put what i said above into more simple words.

does anyone know where i can get a ethernet cable with male on one end and female on the other? i really cant find anything like this. but i need it lol laugh.gif

#3 nexgenhalo

nexgenhalo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:gamertags:<br><br> XBL--- YOUKNOWWHO<br> EVERYTHING ELSE--- nexgenhalo

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:14 PM

you probably shouldn't cut the av wires and replace with female wires. you should just buy an adapter. you probably find this stuff at circuit city or radio shack.

Your Best Bet Is To Order Them Online biggrin.gif

#4 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:26 PM

ok thanks man. biggrin.gif

#5 Stitches

Stitches

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:33 PM

when i wired our house i bought an adapter for the ethernet cable that was female-female so you could use one of those...its just a little cube for like 2 bucks at computer stores

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:35 PM

yeah, get an inline coupler for the ethernet, and for AV id say use an advanced AV pack and just mount it to the computer case

#7 Tsharkou

Tsharkou

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Interests:Modding consoles.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2003 - 09:03 PM

Here is some help here!

#8 loveisweakness

loveisweakness

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 12:18 AM

or if push comes to shove get a short ethernet cable, an ethernet jack, cut the end off of the cable and wire it onto the jack, i did that for a crossover a while back (well, i got the jacks and cables free) before i had gotten access to a crimper and the like
still works fine, looks ghetto tho, as it's a dark grey cable, a beige jack, with electrical tape wrapped around it because the plastic thing that ya hold the wires down with on the jack side comes loose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users