Photo

Have Understood Some Of The Softmodding....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ripperuk

ripperuk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

hi there,

so far i have managed to successfully prepare the usb key and have managed to transfer the splinter cell game saves to the xbox hdds.
Now all i need to do is to load these exploits, but this is where i get stuck. What do i need to do after loading the exploits?
If i do mess up somewhere, can i reverse the mistake or are the xboxs bricked?

FYI these are the xboxes i have with dashboard versions:-

xbox 1 (this needs to be softmodded and a new 250gb HDD needs to be added!!!):-
kernel: 1.00.5101.01
dash: 1.00.5659.03

xbox 2 ( this already been softmodded, but plan to add 250gb HDD!!!):-
dash: 1.00.5960.01

xbox 3 (this needs to be softmodded and a new 250gb HDD needs to be added!!!):-
kernel: 1.00.5530.01
dash: 1.00.5960.03

Also i have been told that the UBE exploit is the best...is this correct for me though?

Edited by ripperuk, 08 March 2008 - 09:01 PM.

#2 4real*leb

4real*leb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:04 AM

Once you load the exploits, there will be a menu giving you may options, such as backing up the original files and eeprom (which is highly recommended before installing the softmod), and also installing the softmod. Try loading it up, if you get stuck or are unsure of what to do just reply.

#3 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:27 AM

Use Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1 for the softmod. That is the latest and best softmod.

You will need to use Xboxhdm to prep the others for the drives.

#4 ripperuk

ripperuk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

hi 4real & 1hotjob,

i have downloaded and plan to use ndure 1.1.1. But this is where i'm getting mixed up:-

1.When and exactly where do i copy ndure 1.1.1 onto the xbox?
2.Do i need to also install ndure 3.0 on the pc?
3.Do i need to have the pc hooked up to the xbox at the time of using this xploit?
4.When is it safe for me to ftp and backup the c drive?
5.If I mess up, can i get back into the xbox or will it be bricked?

For the moment i'm only interested in softmodding:-

xbox 1 (this needs to be softmodded and a new 250gb HDD needs to be added!!!):-
dash: 1.00.5659.03

the others i will deal with once i've successfully modded the above one.

sorry for so many questions...its best to clarify rather than messing up.

Edited by ripperuk, 09 March 2008 - 02:00 PM.

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

Unzip Krazie's until you see the 4d530017 folder. This is for MA anyways. FTP that to the soft modded Xbox into the UDATA folder on the E drive. From there you can easily put it on a mem card. Using that mem card put the game save onto the unmodded Xbox. Load the game and select run Linux. I usually do the back up eeprom then FTP the C and E drives to the PC. That way you have the original drive backed up.

From here I usually stop and build the new drive with the information I have on the PC. That way your original
drive stays unmodded. Build the drive with Xboxhdm and lock it. Put it in the Xbox and run the game again. You will do the full soft mod this time.

Keep the CDs labeled Xbox1 and Xbox3 for future problems or upgrades. A good thing to do its write Xbox1 inside the top of the cover so when you open it you know which CD to use.

If you are still confused, let me know.

#6 ripperuk

ripperuk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

Many many thanks 1hotjob. I've managed to backup and softmod xbox 3 without any issues and now it boots perfectly into Evox. So Big Thanks!!

The next few questions are very important mate, so any help would be much appreciated:-

1. One of the xbox's has dash: 1.00.5659.03...so is it okay for me to do a basic install or do i have to do a minimal install?
2. ALL THREE xboxes are gonna have 250gb hdd added to them at a later date. So how do i go about doing this? Is there a step-by-step guide?

thanks

Edited by ripperuk, 09 March 2008 - 06:57 PM.

#7 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:05 AM

1. One of the xbox's has dash: 1.00.5659.03...so is it okay for me to do a basic install or do i have to do a minimal install?

I think Krazie's will update the dash for you. You could try putting in one of the latest Xbox Live games and it should update the dash. Try connecting to Live. You can have the ethernet unplugged from what I remember.

2. ALL THREE xboxes are gonna have 250gb hdd added to them at a later date. So how do i go about doing this? Is there a step-by-step guide?

Just follow what I posted above. Follow the steps in Xboxhdm to make the CDs to build the new drives. I recommend you print out the instructions so you can refer to them while you are doing this. Read the guide twice to make sure you understand it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users