webMASTER P

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:45 AM

My xbox finally gave me the RROD. Since i had the best buy replacement plan, i came in and traded it for the elite. I also purchased the transfer cable and transfered all the content from my 20GB HD to the new 120GB.
It all seemed to work OK, i tried firing up my arcade games and they all work. But, when my girlfriend signs on with her profile, all the arcade games show up as trials. I tried recovering her profile, but that didn't work. I tried creating a test account, and that didn't work either. Every profile except mine sees the arcade games as trials.

I did figure out a workaround. I can sign in as myself, load the game, and then sign out and load the appropriate profile.

I'd appreciate any help, and i hope i won't have to call Microsoft Customer Support.

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:49 AM

Welcome to the world of 360 DRM.
There is no fix, your "workaround" is the only way to do it. Some people have complained to MS and received additional MS points to rebuy the content on the new console, so thats worth a shot.

#3 webMASTER P

webMASTER P

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:12 AM

Well, i just off the phone with MS, and they said they can't do anything. They said that if i exchanged my Premium for a Premium they would be able to do it. But since i upgraded from a Premium to and Elite there's nothing they can do.

#4 jondaviskorn

jondaviskorn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:41 AM

thats total BS on there part so you pay them more money for a higher cost system yet they cant help you. They wouldnt have got me off the phone thats for sure

#5 Black Diamond

Black Diamond

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(webMASTER P @ Mar 10 2008, 07:48 PM) View Post

Well, i just off the phone with MS, and they said they can't do anything. They said that if i exchanged my Premium for a Premium they would be able to do it. But since i upgraded from a Premium to and Elite there's nothing they can do.

Hey,

That's bullshit!!

I would call them back and talk to someone else, supervisor, something. You upgraded and spent even more money and they can't do anything?

I would call and bitch.

People should not have to jump through so many god damn hoops to get items that they paid for working.....

I was planning on purchasing an Elite later in the year so I would like to know what the outcome is on this because if they don't fix this for you I will not be buying one.

PS We have had our 360 replaced 4 times

#6 thetrueBROSKY

thetrueBROSKY

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

If you change your system, this problem occurs. I did the same thing, upgraded to an Elite, and your purchasing profile has to be signed into XBL for the games to work as fulls, not trials. Your workaround is the only way.

#7 wallacejbj

wallacejbj

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

just phone MS back and they will sort it out my mates 360 got replaced and had exactly the same problem, because it was a brand new 360 with a new console id, the drm didnt match his old console id.

so he rang up complained they werent working, yeah they took a week to sort it out but they will sort it out.

The only time you can ever fix problems like this is to refer to Microsoft, yeah there customer service isnt exactly amazing, (understatement) but its the only way around it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users