Photo

If I Never Play My Backups Again Will My 360 Still Be Banned?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Towelie88

Towelie88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

Hi Everyone

I have a modded 360, Which as I said in my previous post further down the page, my friend modded the firmware of last year before the bans started.

I have not connected to xbox live since before the bans, and I now want to use live. Is a modded 360 detected by the backup itself or does it detect it even if there is a legit game in the drive?

I dont use my backups any more, so would much rather have live and not play the backups again.

Cheers in advance!

Andy

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

I believe that it's only the backup games that will get you banned as m$ has no way of actually checking what firmware your dvd drive has, but i may be wrong

BTW: if you don plan on using backups you could just revert your firmware back to original then you shouldnt have to worry about being banned at all

Edited by commandersafi, 10 March 2008 - 11:36 PM.

#3 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

that is of course, if your not already banned

#4 Towelie88

Towelie88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Mar 10 2008, 11:19 PM) View Post

that is of course, if your not already banned

Could I be? As I said, I have not connected to xbox live until well before the banning, as I only used my free month of gold membership and then did not connect again.

Anyone else know for sure? My friend did the flashing firmware so have no experience in this feild. So If i can still get on live without having to change my firmware again then that would be ideal!

Cheers

#5 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:33 AM

you should be fine in connecting to live with the current firmware that you have, just do not have a backup disc in the drive. it is possible that you may already be banned, but the only way you will no is if you try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users