• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joey427

joey427

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:12 AM

I have a USA NTSC D2C Wii with an Argon chip. I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the retail version. Does anyone have any experience with this game?

I have played the game on an unmodded Wii, and before it would play it said it needed to perform an update and even flat out specified that if the Wii has an unauthorized modification, it could become inoperable.

I have a few questions:

1. Should I run the update on my Argon Wii? Will it brick?

2. Should I just make a back-up of the game and try that? I don't have any experience buring dual-layered DVDs but this is a good time to figure it out as I am sure most of the better future Wii games will utilize this format.

3. If I am able to figure out a way to safely play SSBB on my Argon Wii, would it be safe to play online?

#2 solid7x2

solid7x2

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:34 AM

the update will not brick the wii, unless its from a different region than your wii...

For example, if you have a USA wii and run a japanese update off a game, it will brick.

I would run the update from the menus instead of off the disk.

I havent tried updating yet to v 3.2, but I will be doing so soon. The worst that would happen is your modchip wont work anymore. If this happens Infectus would release a new version to fix it.

I dont think this would happen because there hasnt been any traffic of it on the forums.

Also I think its safe to play online. The chips are supposed to be undetectable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users