Spartiku5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

This isn't technically a modding question so sorry, but i know you guys open up alot of 360's so i thought this would be a good place to post , so .....

I've had my 360 apart a few times for flashing, lens cleaning, etc... but the last time i put it back together i had a problem,
All the edges and gaps line up fine but when i pop the faceplate on the power button does not press, it seems to be too far in it's perma pressed, i have 3 different faceplates 2 M$ ones and one 3rd party one the 2 M$ ones have the above problem but the 3rd party one doesn't fit well at all, one edge is loose (though the power button does work)

basically this isn't life threatening but it does piss me off somewhat, ive had it apart 2-3 times since them and it hasn't fixxed it's self yet tongue.gif

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same prob, cheers for any help smile.gif

#2 SimianEtza

SimianEtza

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

Never force screws into place, everything should just fit without having to press on it to keep it snug. If it needs pressure to stay into place take it off, line it up and try again.
Does the eject button work properly? If it doesn't, it's the top 'cap' that's not propperly into place. Make sure you check all the corners for the metal case under the plastic, the metal should be placed on the outside of the edges.

That's all I can think of.. Just take all the time in the world and never force things into place.

#3 swaneejuggalo

swaneejuggalo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:RC cars (Nitro only) Xbox modding and vinyl decal making.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

i have this same problem cant figure out what it is i turn it on by pressing the button on the rf board and snap the faceplate on and it turns off

#4 box_69

box_69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:xbox and my truck
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:19 PM

lol i had this problem FOREVER my problem was on the rf board the little white piece was flipped upside down

my problem now is my dvd bezel rubs against the top of my faceplate so i have to assist it to open and close it

Edited by box_69, 11 March 2008 - 11:21 PM.

#5 bdubyah

bdubyah

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

i have that bezel problem sometimes too box, ever since i painted my 360. hasn't done it in a while though.

#6 Eddie_the_Hated

Eddie_the_Hated

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:Modding... Duh.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

I too have the same issue, can somebody enlighten me with a reason for it sticking? Perhaps the screws were not tightened enough on the drive?

#7 box_69

box_69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:xbox and my truck
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:35 AM

i havent messed with my drive so i dont think its the screws. i was thinking the mobo wasnt seated right but ive taken it out and put it back in lots of times i was just gonna sand down the 2 front legs of the dvd drive

edit: another thought i had was i noticed it started happening when i mixed tops and bottoms of cases i have 3 different cases and i used tops and bottoms from different ones

Edited by box_69, 13 March 2008 - 01:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users