X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

Hey guys,
I've just been trying to prepare a Maxtor 30gb hard drive that I can use as my xbox's softmodded drive. The file system is properly set up and everything, but when I try to lock the non-xbox HDD with the retail xbox's EEPROM it won't let me, it simply says that it doesn't support locking.
I got the HDD Key and Locking Password after I generated it from the EPPROM for the new hdd and everything, so maybe I'm just not doing this properly.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Hi,

not all harddisks are lockable. You might just be unlucky to have one that can't be locked.

Did you check the list with compatible drives to see if it is in? (As lockable drive)

regards.

#3 Kynaeus

Kynaeus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

I haven't, but I just found it so I'm looking now. Thanks a lot for the quick reply :]

Edit: It doesn't look like it can be locked, but I checked the 05 error code I get and it says that _retail_ bioses require hard drives to be locked, suggesting that I could flash a non-retail bios and use my hard drive? Unfortunately I don't know anything about doing this, so if someone could be so kind as to point to me a guide or the relevant info... thanks!

Edited by Kynaeus, 11 March 2008 - 10:08 PM.

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hi,

you can only flash another bios in a modchip or in the tsop flash if the xbox is not a 1.6 or a 1.6b.

To flash the tsop, the xbox must be modded first. So, for a softmod, you will need a lockable harddisk.

If you have that lockable harddisk, and a softmodded xbox, why would you flash another bios in your Tsop?

regards.

#5 megaman22

megaman22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hi.. My motherboard locks the hard drives at boot so they cant be locked. But i have been able to lock everything by:

1. Connect only the ide cable (no power)
2. Boot linux (xboxhdm)
3. when the black selections screen comes up i connect the power (please the right way wink.gif
4. boot to selection 3
5. lockhd -a
6. have fun biggrin.gif

#6 Kynaeus

Kynaeus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE(obcd @ Mar 12 2008, 05:46 AM) View Post

Hi,

you can only flash another bios in a modchip or in the tsop flash if the xbox is not a 1.6 or a 1.6b.

To flash the tsop, the xbox must be modded first. So, for a softmod, you will need a lockable harddisk.

If you have that lockable harddisk, and a softmodded xbox, why would you flash another bios in your Tsop?

regards.

I wanted to flash another BIOS because I wanted to upgrade to the only hard drive lying around in my house, a 30GB drive that doesn't support locking. The 10GB isn't big enough to allow me to store my back-up's on it, as I don't have extraneous DL DVD's lying around waiting to be used.

#7 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

Hi,

if the original xbox harddisk is softmodded and your xbox is not a 1.6 or a 1.6b, than you can do a Tsop Flash.

With the proper bios, you wil be able to use your unlockable harddisk.

You might have problems with the original one after the Tsop flash, as the Kernel version will have changed. This will cause problems with the softmod. You can install the other harddisk and use the Slayers Rescue CDRW to install a dashboard on it.

regards.

#8 Kynaeus

Kynaeus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:27 AM

Sounds like it would be too difficult, I found an 80GB hard drive lying around that supports locking, so I'm good now :] Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users