Photo

Using Laptop's Wireless Broadband For Xbox Live?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GMan_CRX

GMan_CRX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

I have a laptop with wireless broadband through Sprint. I want to take my laptop and my 360 with me on vacation (where there is no broadband except through my laptop's wireless card). Hook the 360 up to the TV there and rock out. Is this possible? What do I need to do to make this happen? Any help would be appreciated. RSVP ASAP.

#2 lateralus01

lateralus01

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(GMan_CRX @ Mar 12 2008, 12:00 PM) View Post

I have a laptop with wireless broadband through Sprint. I want to take my laptop and my 360 with me on vacation (where there is no broadband except through my laptop's wireless card). Hook the 360 up to the TV there and rock out. Is this possible? What do I need to do to make this happen? Any help would be appreciated. RSVP ASAP.

All the wireless broadband cards that I've seen are way too slow, even if you did get it going it'd probably be way too laggy. Here's how you would do it anyway. Your laptop must have an ethernet port on it and you need a crossover cable. Just plug the crossover from your xbox to your laptop, go into network connections and drag the mouse to highlight both your ethernet connection and your wireless broadband connection, right-click and select "bridge connections." That's how I do it with my wifi card in my laptop but I'm pretty sure your wireless broadband card is too slow.

Lateralus01

#3 zima

zima

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(lateralus01 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:46 PM) View Post

All the wireless broadband cards that I've seen are way too slow, even if you did get it going it'd probably be way too laggy. Here's how you would do it anyway. Your laptop must have an ethernet port on it and you need a crossover cable. Just plug the crossover from your xbox to your laptop, go into network connections and drag the mouse to highlight both your ethernet connection and your wireless broadband connection, right-click and select "bridge connections." That's how I do it with my wifi card in my laptop but I'm pretty sure your wireless broadband card is too slow.

Lateralus01

YUP, thats how I do it and it works great for me. Theres a video on YOUTUBE aswell

#4 Ironaulie

Ironaulie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

Following these instructions it should be possible to connect your xbox 360 wirelessly via a laptop to xbox live. There are also instructions to turn a router into a wireless receiver so you can get wireless for your xbox 360:

How to connect to xbox live wirelessly

ph34r.gif

#5 Evil McNugget

Evil McNugget

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(zima @ Mar 13 2008, 09:57 AM) View Post

YUP, thats how I do it and it works great for me. Theres a video on YOUTUBE aswell

Ok my friend has the same problem except that he has a laptop with a verizon wireless usb broadband connection. When in the network connections window it shows the broadband connection as a dial-up connection. Is there any way to still use this for xbox live?

#6 Inzaghi

Inzaghi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(Ironaulie @ Jan 2 2009, 10:54 PM) View Post

Following these instructions it should be possible to connect your xbox 360 wirelessly via a laptop to xbox live. There are also instructions to turn a router into a wireless receiver so you can get wireless for your xbox 360:

How to connect to xbox live wirelessly

ph34r.gif

Or even better and FREE:

http://www.XboxFreeWireless.com/

Edited by Inzaghi, 14 April 2010 - 11:14 PM.

#7 gamesquest1

gamesquest1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

2 Options Internet connection sharing with ethernet cable or adhoc wireless network on your laptop
There is plenty of guides if you google eigther of them so ill just let you do the research you need, Internet connection sharing is easier to get set up but you have to have a wire trailing between your laptop and xbox so whicher is easier for you to achieve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users