#1 scaryareola

scaryareola

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:19 AM

I recently have had my xbox360s firmware flashed. Everything works great. I can play on xbox live in every way (download games, play burnt games live, play retail games live) The only exception is Madden 08. The retail and burnt game works fine but I cannot play an online match. The cache is cleared, the NAT is open, the games are unscratched and every option forums suggest have been tried.

So my question is has anyone ever heard of the EA servers sensing the xtreme firmware and banning a box from online play even when using a retail copy of Madden 08?

Keep in mind xboxlive is fine with my box so far.

#2 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:26 AM

no talk of using backup games on live. it is against the live TOS and is therefor against X-S rules

#3 scaryareola

scaryareola

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:05 AM

so what you are saying is, this this forum is useless to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for non-useless forums?

if anyone is mad about piracy, keep in mind I just gave microsoft another $300 that they don't need for another 360.

#4 box_69

box_69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:xbox and my truck
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:07 AM

playing backups on live is against their terms so if you want to talk about that then yes the forums here are useless to you so take your shit attitude somewhere else wink.gif

not to mention this isnt even the firmware forum or the xbl forum or the games forum so you posted in the wrong one

#5 SEXBOX360

SEXBOX360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:47 AM

I also have to agree that your attitude isn't the best.

SEXBOX360

#6 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:33 AM

Blatantly admitting (bragging even) that you're a pirate and download illegal software is against just about everyone's TOS. Technically you are allowed to talk about playing backups online now (maybe only in the DVD-ROM forum), unless that changed again, but talking about games that you stole, that's just plain stupid.

#7 PilknDunn

PilknDunn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Modding 360s, and Hanging out with friends...
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:56 AM

I dont think he is referring to "download games" as being pirated games, I think he means like demos and stuff live content. But, I could be wrong but, he does refer to a retail copy of madden and a copy of it thus basically saying he owns the original. Now, talking about playing burnt games on live I have no idea about that rule lol...

#8 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:02 AM

Maybe I'm reading it wrong then. Still, it doesn't change anything, other than maybe I misunderstood the guy. I guess it's just worded badly, or maybe I always assume the worst. Oh well, we're all useless to him anyway...

#9 scaryareola

scaryareola

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong section but my question is very simple, and I'll reiterate it,

"Has anyone ever heard of the EA servers sensing the xtreme firmware and banning a box from online play when using a RETAIL copy of Madden 08?"

Forget I ever said anything about my backup, piracy, Downloads, whatever.

If I seem pissy, Its because my RETAIL version video game doesn't play live seemingly because of flashed firmware. (then the next guy basically told me shut-up)

If this is still a HUGE moral/legal dilemma for everyone then I'm sorry and I'll never post here again.

#10 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

Don't care how much ya gave to M$ for another 360, doesn't absolve ya from being a pirate, playing backups on Live or being an ass when you're looking to get help.

Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users