Photo

I Switch Mod Chip Alladen To Duo X2 Games Dont Show Up?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

Ok Im sure in the furoms somewhere this IS answered But, Sorry I allway wanted to Know how to fix. now it my own xbox.
I switch mod chip Alladen to DUO X2 games dont show up?
Xbox ver 1.3
Had Aladen now i switxh to DUO X2 [might even be clone but loded a bios]
Xecuter2.Build.4978.03 is the bios i used
I got Hard done years ago, 400GB C,D,E,F,G,X,Y,Z But G says Err:3 and F shows blank, But all my Games EMulators are thiers.
I think DO i have to Edit Bios for Partions??
Please any help will be greatly appersaited.

I Will read and read on this site i try find answer in the mean time.

#2 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

OK it appears my LBA48 isnt setup right on the Bios I used. So far I tried using XBTool but say Unsupported
Kernel when i load the Bios i used in it. So Im looking for another way to Edit bios or just use different one.

I Do Have two setup the Same way But they are both different ver 1.3 and 1.5 [I think] but they both have different stuff on them. Also makes Me wonder why if i swap the HDs they not just work. I get the same problem I have Now. where Xbox boots to Dash music plays but all videos and Emulators Dont show up??
It Looks Like My C,D,E partitions are fine just F, and G . G say err :3 F looks blank. but isnt

Thanks To anyone who takes minute to Help me!
[ Didnt want anyone thinking I signed up on forums then posted question. I Have been memvber here for Years with different Name. But never knew how to fix my troube]

Edited by 01FE2, 13 March 2008 - 11:18 PM.

#3 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:39 PM

From more reading seems Imposible for Me. But
Heres How my HD is layed Out
Partitions C,D,E,F,G,X,Y,Z X,Y,Z are all 750Mbs And F and G were Big not sure what they were So Im now wondering If even Possible to Make Bios to HD If thats what it is I need to Do? Thanks ANyone

#4 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

is the DuoX2 using the same BIOS as the Aladdin chip you had before?
If it's a different BIOS, that might be your problem. Also make sure your F & G drives are enabled in your BIOS.

Edited by Alex548, 13 March 2008 - 11:51 PM.

#5 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:14 AM

Sadly I can only Guess AS to what Bios I Had on the Aladen, [By guessing i can Hope it had the same as my Other xbox i made 3 years ago, cause I no longer Have the Aladen]
My Other working Xbox Not sure But i found this INFO Kernel Version 1.0.5838.1 [Im not sure where to Look]
Looks Like I Put on DUO X2 Kernel 1.00.5035.01
So i should Look For Same Kernel? Bios? as my Other Aladen. [i think tho if i put Hd in my other xbox it dont show stuff right either but [i'll try soon to see.]
I dont know how to Enable F and G in Bios on setting in Avalaunch says their Enabled in that?

Thanks For the Help and ANy more wink.gif

Guess Im not sure if Im suppost to use Bios as downloaded Or edit them with LBA48 editor some how?

#6 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

Sounds like you might be using X2_5035 BIOS on the DuoX2 so I'm about 99% positive you're not using the same BIOS as the one that was on the Aladdin chip. There were numerous versions of the Aladdin as well as clones, but I don't recall any of them having a 512K BIOS (that's what the X2_5035 BIOS size is).

You likely won't recover your files unless you somehow switch back to the BIOS you originally used.
You can always reformat your partitions, then re-rip all the games/files back onto the hard drive, but it'll probably take you some time.

Edited by Alex548, 14 March 2008 - 12:22 AM.

#7 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

Thanks, So if i figure out and find same Bio and Make it 256k to 512k [If possible] would i still Have a chance? I guess im going to open both now try HD in my other xbox, then at least i could FTP some stuff to PC. but if i recall they didnt let me swap drives. [So mybe they werent same Bios, ones 1.3 other is 1.6 i guess]

I guess I would allmost rather then loose every thing, order Aladen chip. and try few Bios. I do still Have most the game sbut lots are borrowed out to friends reatives I'd probibly obly be able to Get back half. but mainly I had lots movies I wanted Bad.

As far as the LBA48 thing is htat something I need to learn how to Edit. or If my HD i think was F so big G the rests or something.

#8 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:24 AM

If you're using the 5035, the first thing you'll see when you turn on the console is a message saying "Live Config Loading" (or something like that).

Whatever BIOS you had before would've altered the boot sequence in a different way. For example, the M8 sticks a purple EvoX shield in the corner.

Can you remember anything like that?

#9 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:16 AM

OK Thanks For HElping Both YOU. I got My Neffews xbox with Aladen Mod chip put my HD in and it works So i can Save Backups/Movies Great, Now One more thing

So My Xbox with DUO X2 I went Bought New 500GB westen Digital Hd. Im trying to Put Dash Etc, mY pROBLEM iS I uSE REAL oLD sLAYERS, then in Media center I copy dash Etc over from Good Xbox.
But Seems Duo X2 or I Formatted HD and It only Has C,D,E,F X,Y,Z G is Missing when I turn G on in temp Dash says Err: 3 and All the Size Of HD looks to Be in F 468GB I Guess I can be fine with that But would Like to Figure out How to Have It like I use to make them with G Having most or the Same as F.

Question, Do i just use a Partition Program. Or Do I have to Mod Bios or Use different Bios i think? LBA48 Thing?? Flash chips 2nd Bank with Modded Bios ??
I understand thier is Lot info On here about this I will read now lots to. But if anyone cares to Help in mean time Great. Thanks.

#10 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:28 AM

You'll need to use XBPartitioner to format the drive.

All partitions larger then 256gb need to be (re)formatted with 32kb clusters (only XBPartitioner can do this), and likewise XBP is the only app that lets you create custom sized partitions (eg. so you can split the space evenly between F and G).

#11 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:40 AM

Thanks, Looking for It now, I Guess From what i remeber I thought last time i made my other xbox [was 3 years ago] I did every thing with a disk. Maybe I got i on the disk. Or dose XBPartitioner Have to be ran from Xbox? Thanks, Im going to try Now and look for program.[ Thanks to your Help] would it be Ok to leave all o nF or would it not let me use some of the Space over 250 gb?? Thanks Agin

#12 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

If you try to put more then 256gb onto a partition that hasn't been formatted with 32kb clusters, your file index gets corrupted (and you stand to lose a lot of data).

XBPartitioner can be run from disc, but I'm not aware of any auto-installer disc that makes use of it. You can copy it to the X-Box HDD and run it from there if you like.

#13 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:31 PM

Auto Installer Deluxe has XBpartitioner on the disc.
You can either install it as an app or run it directly from disc (it's under the tools menu).

Use it to format your G drive & partition it to 32k clusters.
Also make sure to use Configmagic (also found on Auto Installer Deluxe) to lock lock/unlock your hard drive.
Doing so will set a master password which will come in handy in case your xbox ever dies. If your box dies, the master password can unlock the hard drive so you can use it again on another xbox or PC.

Edited by Alex548, 14 March 2008 - 07:33 PM.

#14 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

Thanks, For Help, Sadly I Guess Since The whole 500Gb showed Up 380Gb F I went and filed it Up with Stuff . Now i hope it isnt all corrupt? How can I tell If its formmatted with formatted with 32kb clusters. More or less if I didnt do it Its Not? I use old slayers 2.6 to Do the Partiting. Any Idea If that woulda 32kb Clustered it.

By the soulds of it I need to Delete all and start over. Or if it seams to be working would I be OK? or NO

Far as Locking I leave my HDs unlocked. the whole time thier in my xbox. IS thier advantage to Locking it, or do i have to if its on line?

#15 01FE2

01FE2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:27 AM

ThANKS for the Help, both Ya YES sadly I jumped the Gun, Looks Like the 250GB i load [14 hours worth] now needs Deleted. Next Time I will Read More and Lisson More. thier 160GB let that will not Take Data. And some the 250GB Is corrupt. ANyway. Old Xboxes Still Fun, Just wish they would tranzfur Movies fast and Data. Time to Look and Use XBpartitioner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users