2 replies to this topic

#1 K-FleX

K-FleX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

Hey guys,

I'm in Aus and have a PAL modchipped box. I recently bought a second hand NTSC/J for my stepdad so he can watch DivX in the lounge room. I have performed softmods in the past for my mates and so have Mechassault with the Ndure 'run linux' gamesave ready to go. I bought this NTSC box forgetting that I can't run my version of Mechassault due to region locking rolleyes.gif duh. I tried the PC Ndure installer but failed miserably. It booted to a black screen but I'm lucky the Ndure disk managed to restore the ShadowC.

So my plan is to:

1. Launch Mechassault on CHIPBOX & launch VBOX to msdash
2. Get to load save screen on CHIPBOX
3. Hot swap hardrives
4. Launch the 'Run Linux'
5. Run through the installer

Anyone got any advice on whether this will work successfully or not?

Is this unnecessary?

Can anyone point me to a guide on manually installing softmod files through FTP?

Thanks guys

#2 elimin8

elimin8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:41 AM

do you have the ability to fit the modchip to the ntsc-j motherboard ?
if so fit it to the ntsc-j console , make a bootable dvd of config magic. boot config magic up then change the region and video output to pal.

or you could get a ntsc-j mechassault disc and do your softmod from that. then install oor run from disc the config magic .

i brought a mechassault disc from ebay singapore a couple of years back with no problems. the site is in english etc

ive used the config magic with a modchip and the softmod way to change the region on ntsc-j machines with no problems. just make sure you use the version 1.6 so you dont get caught out if its a 1.6 motherboard.

the one main advantage to putting the chip on there is you can easily lock a larger harddrive to the motherboard using config magic put all your files on there then remove the modchip. its very straight forward.

what part of aus are you in ?
elimin8

#3 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

you could just hotswap and ftp the files manually. there is a nice pc app called ndure installer by kingroach that creates all the neccesarry files for you. there is also a xbox to xbox hotswap tut in the tutorials topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users