8 replies to this topic

#1 PSXCopyCat

PSXCopyCat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:02 AM

I'm looking for contact info for Bell from PSX-Scene. I have a D2B with cut legs, not a big suprize there however this D2B is also missing the the outer pad where a wiikey would be installed. Some refer to it as pad 3 on the key. The Current YAOSM 3 RC1 does not work on it I would like to off help on it, if I can have contact. Thank you.

PSX C.C.

Edited by PSXCopyCat, 14 March 2008 - 05:04 AM.

#2 FiZiX610

FiZiX610

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

I'm looking for him too. I wanted to offer him free hosting for a new YAOSM forum. If anybody has his info, please let me know!

#3 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

PSX-Scene will be back up in a week or 2, just with a little bit of their older info missing. They currently have a blog at blogspot.

Your D2B with a missing pad is nothing special nor new. Just solder right to the leg with a small wire instead of the pad. YAOSM and WiiKey work just fine.

If you are longing for a place with Wii info, look at my sig.

Edited by throwingks, 14 March 2008 - 02:53 PM.

#4 PSXCopyCat

PSXCopyCat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Mar 14 2008, 09:56 AM) View Post

PSX-Scene will be back up in a week or 2, just with a little bit of their older info missing. They currently have a blog at blogspot.

Your D2B with a missing pad is nothing special nor new. Just solder right to the leg with a small wire instead of the pad. YAOSM and WiiKey work just fine.

If you are longing for a place with Wii info, look at my sig.

Ahh but I replaced the missing legs, so the pads should be valid. On top of the test for continuity agaist each other to ensure no bridging. Next tested the continuity from the point on the d2b chip legs to the mod chip socket, tested positive. So put the chip in making sure it not made up backwards or flipped. Tested origianls work but backups do not. Ok test the chip in another working wii., chip tests ok. Back in the original troubled wii, no go. So yes I do think I have a "special" wii. My apologies for not stating all my tests, so someone could assume I did not know what I was doing. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, just trying to get an answer. Thank you

#5 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, it is known. Check the wiitracker. There is a database for serials where you can make an educated guess as to what chip you have. In there is data for missing pads too. It looks to be about 10% of Wiis. It was Nintendo's defense before they came out with the D2C chips.
http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/

You can use the pads for everything else, but you just need to connect that single point directly to the corresponding D2B leg.
*Note:
I have no idea what the arrow is pointing at. It is just an image I found that highlights the path for which pad correlates to which leg.
IPB Image

Edited by throwingks, 14 March 2008 - 05:56 PM.

#6 PSXCopyCat

PSXCopyCat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

IPB Image

I understand. The picture here is like the one I have note, there is no orange box or trace to be seen... I have the legs connected correctly teal, blue and yellow . Does Yaosm not support the 10% D2B's?

My guess on the red arrow is: See the 5 legs in the group, do not solder to this one wink.gif.

Edited by PSXCopyCat, 14 March 2008 - 08:26 PM.

#7 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

It does support it. Just solder to the leg. The orange leg in my picture. 5 legs in. What the pad would attach to if there was one.

#8 Antioch

Antioch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE(FiZiX610 @ Mar 14 2008, 10:52 PM) View Post

I'm looking for him too. I wanted to offer him free hosting for a new YAOSM forum. If anybody has his info, please let me know!

I sent you a PM, check your private mail box. smile.gif

Edited by Antioch, 15 March 2008 - 12:13 AM.

#9 PSXCopyCat

PSXCopyCat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:07 AM

I redid the job this time runing the wires from the d2b to the 12f683 and it works. Thank you. But I am still curious as to why it did not by connecting the legs to the mobo and then running it off the pads?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users