X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

"XBLA is full of shit"

I got a nice chuckle out of this and thought i would share it with you guys.

I mean do they not realise that the wii has the biggest downloadable retro library of the 3 consoles? That crap about nintendo separating the services (wiiware and VC) is PR speak at its finest. I mean The VC sales is more likely to eclipse wiiware sales than it is likely for frogger to eclipse space giraffe on XBLA. Im just sayin' !

ALso, that so-called anonymous dev is full of shit! I mean with such big words, why be anonymous. This person obviously could careless about XBLA, so why hide behind nintendo? so have some balls and show your face...JEFF MINTER tongue.gif

#2 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

i prefer XBLA over VC anyday.

they say in that article that wiiware isnt full of retro remakes, yet every game ive seen on the VC IS a remake. i have not seen one original title on there

#3 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

VC isn't new games, its ALL remakes

Atleast XBLA offers up the new and the old

#4 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Remake = where something is actually remade from the ground up.

VC = Romz

#5 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

Of course WiiWare doesn't have any remakes... that's the F-ing definition of Wii ware.

Nintendo just added another section for new games and gave it a different title.

it'd be like MS making an XBLA-Retro section with nothing but old games remade and then another section called XBLA-Neo with nothing but new games and then saing "XBLA-Neo is better than VC because it doesn't have any remakes"

Honestly the VC is total GARBAGE IMO... and for the exact same reason VampX said

VC = Romz

because that's exactly what it is.

At least with PacMan and Frogger in XBLA I get the option of HD graphics, Achievements, Leaderboards, and Online Multiplayer... I feel like my $5 was actually WORTH IT rather than rebuying a game that I already own sitting on a dusty cartridge somewhere.

And if you didn't need another reason to hate the VC... it's the reason we don't have the Golden-eye remake with HD graphics, 5.1 surround, achievements, and online multiplayer for $10... Nintendo is afraid it will steal sales of rom they're going to upload to the VC when they get around to it. dry.gif

Edited by twistedsymphony, 14 March 2008 - 06:08 PM.

#6 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Nintendo doesn't know wtf they are doing, in Europe they even emulate the roms at pal speed,
(that means black bars and 75% game speed for those not informed)
even though we all have fucking plasma's / lcd's and rgb and pal60 stuff going on for more then a decade now.

So I'm glad Nintendo finally decided to create a section where i can download something that i either don't
already own on cart or can already emulate better on my xbox1.

I just wonder if they're gonna have the Wiiware stuff run at pal speeds too. tongue.gif

#7 allenandtady

allenandtady

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Lol ! I say nintendo is full of crap.... laugh.gif XBLA pop.gif

#8 fiya

fiya

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

What really irks me about this article is that they are trying to pass off this service some different and more refined beast than XBLA. When its not. Its got a 40mb size cap, the wii has no reasonable storage solution and they WILL have to compete with VC sales no matter how much they spin it. I just can't believe devs are actually buying this.

They can separate wiiware titles from VC all they want but as long as they both use the same currency (wii points) they will be competing in the same market!

Doesnt MS separate them by genre on XBlive? how is that different from having a separate channel for wiiware and VC?

#9 JustDanMI

JustDanMI

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:outdoors and gaming
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, the whole "Full of shit" comment is pretty rediculous. But I can't blame developers wanting to develop for Nintendo rather than Microsoft. Pretty Stupid AND greedy move on Microsoft to cut the royalties in half like that.

#10 Giga_Death

Giga_Death

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

MS halfed royalties probably cos they think they've cornered the market on downloadable titles with XBLA.

Nintendo doesn't know wtf they are doing, in Europe they even emulate the roms at pal speed,
(that means black bars and 75% game speed for those not informed) even though we all have fucking plasma's / lcd's and rgb and pal60 stuff going on for more then a decade now.

Well, Wii isn't exactly a hdtv sort of console. 640x480 resolution? That will upsclae and cause lag, not that the usual wii demographic will care or notice anyway wink.gif

#11 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Mar 14 2008, 07:42 PM) View Post

And if you didn't need another reason to hate the VC... it's the reason we don't have the Golden-eye remake with HD graphics, 5.1 surround, achievements, and online multiplayer for $10... Nintendo is afraid it will steal sales of rom they're going to upload to the VC when they get around to it. dry.gif

sad.gif true sad.gif

#12 fiya

fiya

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(JustDanMI @ Mar 14 2008, 10:18 PM) View Post

Yeah, the whole "Full of shit" comment is pretty rediculous. But I can't blame developers wanting to develop for Nintendo rather than Microsoft. Pretty Stupid AND greedy move on Microsoft to cut the royalties in half like that.

No disrespect, but unless u have inside info on what REALLY led to them cutting the royalties then ur in no position to judge.

#13 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:01 PM

but he IS entitled to his own opinion

#14 fluc02

fluc02

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(fiya @ Mar 15 2008, 05:54 PM) View Post

No disrespect, but unless u have inside info on what REALLY led to them cutting the royalties then ur in no position to judge.

MS cut royalties because they have no competition. PSN has a miniscule marketshare and the Wii has no storage solution and an atrocious online setup that most people never touch. They know that if developers actually want to sell a significant amount of software they need XBLA, and if they want to use XBLA they will have to accept Microsoft's terms.

That being said, it doesn't make me mad at MS. They put a lot of resources into building the best online platform out there and now they're reaping the rewards. Why should they be called greedy for wanting to make money off the fact that they're vastly superior to the competition, when they spent a shitton of money to get there?

#15 fiya

fiya

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

i get what ur saying but are u saying that its fact or just an observation? A lot of ppl like to jump to conclusions without any real solid info to back it up (especially on the internet).

I personally don't have any real opinion on the royalty thing cause we dont really know the details. So i reserve my judgment. Besides, i heard the move was to encourage higher sales on XBLA. It cuts the fees but raises the royalties back to over 50% if there is a large amount of revenue for the title. Even that is speculation to say the least.

We only whats been reported, not the full story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users