#1 sixd9

sixd9

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

Question 1: Hey Everyone I've just recenlty Softmodded my XBOX1 a few weeks ago. I've been trying to load applications,emulators and games onto my hard drive and play them from there. (Without the disc). But nothing seems to work. I read a faq somewhere that said i should transfer the files from my pc to my xbox harddrive - in a folder called "apps". I download flashfxp setup up the network connection between my xbox and pc but when I went to transfer the files to E:\apps there was no apps folder. I transferred a game(ISO), emulator and application to the harddrive restarted my xbox and tried to start any of them from my dash using the proper menu selections..nothing happened or even showed up. There was nothing there to select. Can someone help me with this, I want to know how to transfer games/applications/emulators to my xbox harddrive and play them without a disc.

Question 2: I'm having trouble loading XBMC onto my xbox harddrive. I read another FAQ that said to use QWIX to make a ISO with the XBMC files and burn it to disc and once I put it into the xbox, it'll ask me to install it. But that didn't happen, I made an ISO with the XBMC Folder, burnt the ISO..put it into the xbox harddrive and the screen went black and the xbox froze, had to restart.. I don't know which files to use to make the ISO with qwix. Any answers? Can I transfer the XBMC files to my harddrive and install it that way?

Question 3: Can I burn my XBOX1 games that I have bought burn them and play them in my softmodded XBOX1?? If so can someone tell me how.

Appreciate the time and help....
.Alexander!

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

1. If the apps folder doesn't exist, you can always create it with flashfxp. What dashboard are you using?
An executable file on the xbox has an xbe extension. Extract the Iso with Qwix and transfer the files to your xbox with flashfxp. Upon the next reboot, your dashboard should show them. Some older dashboards have a configuration file that tells them where to look for programs and games.

2. I just ftp the xbmc package to my xbox. There is no need to create an iso and burn a disk.

3. I use dvd2xbox to rip my game disks to the xbox harddisk. You can also do it with flashfxp, but that one will not show you if it had troubles reading a file. Some people rip twice and compare both results to see if everything worked out fine. The original xbox harddisk doesn't have much free space to store games.

regards.

#3 sixd9

sixd9

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

I'm using the EvoX Dash (SID). Is it possible to put a Emulator on my hard drive and run it as an application?
Do I create an apps folder in the E:\ ... I don't have to create an emulator folder or games folder as well?

Where to I ftp the XBMC package to? The apps folder I just created?

Thanks I will try the xbox2dvd and flashfxp to rip my old xbox games....

PS: How do I switch my hard drive for something bigger?

#4 HD10291

HD10291

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

You can put emulators and apps in whatever folder as long as your EvoX ini is pointed towards those folders.

By default they are pointed towards, E:\apps, E:\games, and E:\emulators

You are not restricted to put them in the names of there folders, they're just there for easier navigation.

Just transfer them to whichever folder(if they aren't there, then just create them...). Then from the dashboard select the option for whatever and you can launch apps/emulators/games.

You can create a new folder in "apps" named XBMC and transfer all the files to there.

You would need to buy a 137gb or lower HDD and make a copy of your C drive and its eeprom on your PC. Then use XboxHDM to make your new HDD and then make sure to lock your new HDD using your eeprom. You can find a lot of tutorial on xbox-scene's tutorial page for making new hard drives.

#5 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:41 AM

Some softmods support drives larger then 137gb. If yours doesn't, you can upgrade to NDure with CASH 1.1.

#6 sixd9

sixd9

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:27 AM

What's the latest version of SoftMod out there? I'm having trouble loading apps/emulators onto my xbox harddrive. Well I can ftp them to the E:\ and E:\apps but they don't show up on my SoftMOD dash...

Can someone give me their email address with msn messenger and help me with this???

Edited by sixd9, 17 March 2008 - 10:34 AM.

#7 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

Hi,

you can always PM someone from the Forum and pass them your email adress. no one will post it's adress on this Forum as it is against the rules and a very good way to ensure you can fill your days with reading spam mails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users