1 reply to this topic

#1 wildonrio

wildonrio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

That loud annoying flubber opening has driven me to the edge and I want to get rid of it. My xbox is softmodded and I read that I need a modchip in order to get rid of the flubber. Luckily I had an extra lying around the house - a Hyper X. I know a lot of people don't like this chip but I'd really like to make it work since it's here in front of me. Questions:

1. My softmodded xbox is completely perfect with a 750gb hdd and running xbmc no problems whatsoever. If I just put this chip in there, will I have to redo everything I've done so far (locking the hd, installing xbmc, etc.) or will everything stay the same, just with a new bios that I can edit to get rid of the flubber?
2. This chip doesn't have a lot of support and I can't even find an installation guide or bios from the usual places. (Their website hyperxmod.com is now a site about attention deficit disorder!) Will this chip even support getting rid of the flubber? That's really the only thing I want to install it for.

Thanks, I've always been a softmod guy so modchips are new to me.

Edited by wildonrio, 16 March 2008 - 08:24 PM.

#2 alexh

alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

You could have just soldered the write enable line to the TSOP flash and got rid of the animation for free without a hardmod.

Edited by alexh, 03 August 2008 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users