Photo

Gonna Send My Elite Back. Any Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 chronotrigger681

chronotrigger681

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:19 PM

I called 1 800 4my xbox and registered the xbox in my name then did the usal blah blah run through. They said if it still does it call back and i can send her back.

I get the rrod every once in a wile. Not too awfully much though. My warranty sticker looks very odd. But not peeled off. Im gonna send this beeotch back. Any suggestions as to what i should know or do before i have them send me a coffin for my elite?? I know you guys out there have had alot of this so any good ideas would make me riverdance to the macerana.
thanks
kyle

#2 chronotrigger681

chronotrigger681

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

buhhhizzzump

#3 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

suggestions for what? i hope your not talking about warranty fraud

#4 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

No warranty fraud. He just recently bought this bastard.

Make sure you get someone on the phone you can actually understand since it seems like they usually have very thick accents & don't lose the tracking number they give you.

Oh, and make sure to find something to keep you busy for like a month or more (you might wanna get a girlfriend) because you're gonna be waiting for quite a long time for your console to be returned to you.

#5 manpee1

manpee1

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

bull... i call 800xbox cuz mine broke and from the day i called to the day i got it back in the mail only took a week and a half..( maybe cuz the repair center is in texas and im in arizona) you should get your xbox back pretty quick

#6 chronotrigger681

chronotrigger681

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

well i called back. They are gonna send a coffin here soon. I told them i wanted a NEW console not fixed refurbished or used. NEW. the customer rep said that would happen. So hopefully ill get what i want. What do you think the chances of me getting a falcon with the power supply are??? They said just send the console in no wires or hd. Just console

#7 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

seein as you have an elite with HDMI, then you will get a HDMI console back, so either a zaphyr or a falcon, but i would lean towards it being a falcon

#8 XxDUNITxX

XxDUNITxX

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:55 AM

Yeah it shouldn't take too long to get back. I sent mine to the repair center in Texas and got it back a week and a half later also, and I live in Minnesota. Either way it didn't matter, I had 7 360's to keep me busy. smile.gif

#9 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(chronotrigger681 @ Mar 17 2008, 05:46 PM) View Post

well i called back. They are gonna send a coffin here soon. I told them i wanted a NEW console not fixed refurbished or used. NEW. the customer rep said that would happen. So hopefully ill get what i want. What do you think the chances of me getting a falcon with the power supply are??? They said just send the console in no wires or hd. Just console

It'll be new to you, but it won't be factory fresh new. blink.gif

#10 chronotrigger681

chronotrigger681

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:49 AM

what if i get cocky and say i want a one made past this ceartain date cause i know thats the latest.
Past what date should i be looking for in a xbox360 elite???
I could sell shit to a toilet... I coud sell ketchup popcicles to eskimos...I can just sell stuff very good....including conversation....as long as i can understand the operator... Ill try it!!

edit
Oh yeah did you know you get 3 months of live gold card with your xbox...when you get it back. Just enough to get you addicted again...

Edited by chronotrigger681, 18 March 2008 - 05:56 AM.

#11 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

I don't know about the U S of A, but here in jolly UK we have the Consumer Rights Act. Goods must remaing in a satisfactory working condition for a reasonable amount of time (usually the warranty period offered by the manufacturer). If a product is faulty within this time without being misused, you are entitled to a full refund. Companies will offer you replacements/repairs etc but by law you are entitled to refuse these and demand your money back.

I've done this a number of occasions where I had no trust in the warranty offered by the company in question. Because it's statutory law, they have to adhere to it. There's probably something similar in your country - I would look into it if you're wanting a new console (which for the record, I think everyone should be getting when their 360 fails).

#12 evanmugford

evanmugford

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:sports,computers, xboxs pretty much anything you can crack or mod

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(chronotrigger681 @ Mar 18 2008, 06:25 AM) View Post

what if i get cocky and say i want a one made past this ceartain date cause i know thats the latest.
Past what date should i be looking for in a xbox360 elite???
I could sell shit to a toilet... I coud sell ketchup popcicles to eskimos...I can just sell stuff very good....including conversation....as long as i can understand the operator... Ill try it!!

edit
Oh yeah did you know you get 3 months of live gold card with your xbox...when you get it back. Just enough to get you addicted again...

you get 1 month, not 3.

and it dosn't really matter what you convince the operator to do, your going to get a referb, period.

the operator has absolutly no say over the repair line, any notes etc you include will be ignored.

they will get your console, test it for 3 lights. grab a already referbed unit and send it to you.

your unit will go into a pile of " to be referbed" if its in good shape, and go to someone else when the time comes.

dosn't matter if you can sell ice to eskamos, unless purolator/ups loses your box, its not going to be new...and even then chances are you will still get a referb, it will just take longer.

turn around time for a rrod is around 1-2 weeks. in the usa and canada, not sure on other areas.

i would bet 50% of the people calling for rrod are looking for a new unit, but if you read your warrenty, your getting a referb. and you agreed to that when you bought it.

Edited by evanmugford, 18 March 2008 - 02:53 PM.

#13 chronotrigger681

chronotrigger681

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

im still gonna try to get one made past a ceartian date. Can somone tell me the made after dates i need to get to get the best board out??

#14 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:16 PM

They are not going to make sure you get one past a certain date and why does it matter??

They are giving you a new 3 yr warranty for the RROD anyway.. so if it fails.. you make a bigger stink and they give you 1 yr live gold card..

Even if they agree on the phone... if you get one with an earlier date are you going to send it back??

The dates don't really mean anything anyway as changes are constantly rolled out over time.

http://360drives.com has the information you want though.

#15 chronotrigger681

chronotrigger681

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

well i can get the latest board and hopefully i wont have the rrod or any other problems. All the problems microsoft has had has well kept me away. Im not the type with alot of money and i bought a elite. So the latest out would make me feel alot better about cracking open my case and voiding my warranty. Im gonna try my best to get the latest.... I guarantee a milion people have tried this and it didnt work at all. Ill update and let you know what i pull outta my hat.
kyle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users