Photo

79 Passkey Installed, Won't Read Disk, Sugguestios?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 zeeboid

zeeboid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

Hey, If one were to install the 79 passkey, and be able to get the drive into Mode B using SLAX, and get the drive recgonized in windows, but the drive is unable to read any origional disks (even when trying to read the disk to read the chip), what would one do?

http://video.google....774509749602025

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:36 AM

I would suggest you go backwards and remove the wiring for the 79 passkey (you can do it from the chip side to avoid having to redo the hard work) and try your original again. If there's no activity still, check all FFC cables from the board to the drive motors and laser assembly.

#3 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

i had the same problem the other day
i use a dvd movie when i do my 79s its dvd of still game that i keep handy so i installed the passkey and and put in the disc and it tried to read then i just started clicking, i tested all the wires to the passkey and all seemed ok
i tried another dvd that i had and it worked wich is strange because ive used that still game disc every time ive done a 79 b4 and ive done 70+ of them, just this one drive wouldn't read the disc

#4 zeeboid

zeeboid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:24 AM

well, I picked up a new iron tonight, and gave it a try... I took the chip off (un-soldered it from the EZ chip side) and the drive worked like a champ soldered the chip back on and no dice. same as before. I used a multimeter to check to make sure none of the fine little points are bridged, and they don't appear to be... I will take a photo tomorrow when I can get some sunlight, as the photos i've taken in my basement with a flash don't look'a so good.

#5 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

here's how i do them
hook the drive to the pc with a conectivity kit
turn on drive and pc and see if the blue light comes on the passkey if it dosent i press F11 to go to boot menu(may be different on your pc but its F11 on mine)
while in the boot menu i turn the drive off and on untill the blue light comes on the passkey(can take a lot of tries)
when the blue light comes on press the restart button on the pc then your in mode b and you can boot to windows

you shouldnt need a slax disc to get into mode b with a passkey installed, slax will tell you that the drive is in mode b even if you havent got a passkey installed but it won't let you flash

Edited by swampy1111, 21 March 2008 - 03:17 PM.

#6 zeeboid

zeeboid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(swampy1111 @ Mar 21 2008, 09:45 AM) View Post

here's how i do them
hook the drive to the pc with a conectivity kit
turn on drive and pc and see if the blue light comes on the passkey if it dosent i press F11 to go to boot menu(may be different on your pc but its F11 on mine)
while in the boot menu i turn the drive off and on untill the blue light comes on the passkey(can take a lot of tries)
when the blue light comes on press the restart button on the pc then your in mode b and you can boot to windows

you shouldnt need a slax disc to get into mode b with a passkey installed, slax will tell you that the drive is in mode b even if you havent got a passkey installed but it won't let you flash

I have no trouble getting into Mode B, but with the chip installed, it won't read media at all.

#7 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:47 AM

can you scan the board with the chip installed and post it here

#8 zejoke

zejoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:03 PM

It seems that's a similar problem but no solutions found even if I manage to restore my drive twice I don't really know how.
http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4247657

Edited by zejoke, 30 March 2008 - 02:03 PM.

#9 silentkiller120

silentkiller120

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(zeeboid @ Mar 16 2008, 09:04 PM) View Post

Hey, If one were to install the 79 passkey, and be able to get the drive into Mode B using SLAX, and get the drive recgonized in windows, but the drive is unable to read any origional disks (even when trying to read the disk to read the chip), what would one do?

http://video.google....774509749602025

From what I read, what your actually doing is putting the drive into mode-b by the slax disc. Meaning your chip is not working and your slax is putting it in mode-b, when slax puts a drive in mode-b it the drive cannot be read or written to, it well only be reconized in windows and you will be able to play a dvd.

I suggest turning on the pc inserting a original dvd/game in the 360 drive and then turn off the computer. Turn on the computer with your chip enabled and blue blinking lights should accure leave the disc in there, when windows reconizes the drive play the vid for a min. then use fwtoolbox and it should work. I think your whole problem is that your chip was not putting it into mode b, keep turning off and on the computer intell blue lights come on, it took me a couple tries to.

#10 zejoke

zejoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

I got the same problem and I manage to get a successful flash with a double sided DVD but my drive is always in the "blocked state", still no solutions ?

#11 zejoke

zejoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

like you I tried to unsold, I unsold from the maximus chip side, but it's still the same, exactly the same noises as you. Maybe you can flash the drive with a double sided DVD like me, the remove the chip and maybe it will work !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users