• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fredknack

fredknack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

I just setup an XBox1 with XBMC and it is displaying video from my network and I love it. The downside is that many of my files are encoded in H264 at 2500 kbps. At this setting the video is choppy over my standard ethernet. If I play files encoded at 1200kbps they play fine. So my questions are: What is the best codec and data rate for video over ethernet? Also is there a way to increase the network speed such as a new wireless standard? I assume these questions have been asked before so any links to existing threads would be very welcome.

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:15 AM

1. This Q is about XBMC on the Xbox 1, so wrong forum (can someone please move?).

2. The issue with the higher data-rate has nothing to do with the transport being used. Your lowly Xbox1 only has a Celeron 733 processor in it and cannot decode the information fast enough, hence the choppy picture. 2.5Mbit isn't a problem for even 802.11b wireless networks, let alone 100Mbit Ethernet connections. Wired LANs will always have better transport than wireless, so dismiss the usage of 802.11n. You're better sticking with DIVX content for the Xbox 1 as data transport. Take a look at the Xbox1 forums for more advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users