• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chimp7

chimp7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

I fried my xbox with a screw floating around and shorted something, so for the time being my friend gave me his with a bad dvd drive. I'm going to throw in my dvd and my 500GB drive.

His is unmodded and I'm kind of confused how to get my hard drive in there, do I need to unlock it with xboxhdm and re-run sid 5.01 and aid 4.20? Should I mod his first with the original drive and then make another xboxhdm boot disk to set up my 500GB or is there an easier what to do it? I'm just not sure how I can use my hdd (change eeprom). I was thinking I could some how get the eeprom of the my friends xbox and hook my hdd up to my pc and swap eeproms.

Also sid5 guide says I need 5960 dash but my friend's has 4920 and I don't have any live games nor internet. I was thinking I could make a bridge connection somehow with my laptop to get in on the internet but is there anyway to download that dash and just put it on a memory card or something? I've been searching for answers but having trouble and scared to screw up my hard drive and xbox.

#2 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

if you modded the xbox that just crapped out.....then modded the new xbox the same way.

If not.....search the forum for answers before you post questions.....Ive answered this same question 6 times from other people. All the info is here .....all you gotta do is LOOK FOR IT!

#3 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:30 AM

How was your original console modded?

#4 chimp7

chimp7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:22 AM

My original xbox was SID 5 and AID 4.20, then I used xboxhdm to create the linux disk to upgrade my hard drive. I'm just nervous about screwing up my hard drive, I've read about people screwing up their eeprom or not being able to unlock them. I guess safest would be unlock and delete everything, run the softmod with new xbox and it's own hard drive then recreate xboxhdm disk specific to the new xbox. I was just wondering if I could skip any steps cause I wanted to get it done for this eve but knew I wouldn't have much time to work on it so I thought I'd see if anyone had a quick fix for me.

Sorry 420 for not having all day to sit in front of my computer. I've already spent weeks reading everything I can find to get this far... this website is great but it's search function needs never works for me and google finds too much most of which is not relavant. 420 you could have saved both me and you time if you would have pasted one of your 6 other posts on this subject. I spent about 3 hours this morning trying to figure it out online when I should have just tried it.

I really do appreciate everyones help, and I even appreciate being annoyed about people not spending the time to research it or figure it out themselves but in my opinion that's what these forums are for. If you know how to do something save someone the time from searching endless and dated guides and just tell them or point them to another thread that's already gone through it. I wanted to get it done today but couldn't find what I thought I needed so I decided to ask.

#5 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

The problem with installing your drive in his console is that your softmod may not be compatible with his kernel.

You're probably better off using Krazie's NDure installer rather then SID.

Slayers has a copy of the 5960 dash on it. You can extract it using Qwix. If you install your save game exploit onto the new console and boot it up, you can use the FTP access it gives you to switch the dashboard files around prior to actually installing the softmod.

You could probably even use the softmod installer menu to make a backup of the new console's EEPROM without actually installing a softmod at all. Then you can use your previous XBoxHDM disc to unlock your old HDD, and then create a new disc to relock it to the new system.

Again, that might not work due to the kernel issue, but that'd be the fastest way to go.

#6 chimp7

chimp7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

Thanks bomb, I'll give it a shot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users