#1 Greasemonkey AJ

Greasemonkey AJ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

Hello everyone, i have just joined up and i'm not too good with tv's but i need some help, my parents have just bought a 42 inch plasma samsung tv, and its brilliant but we do have a few problems with it and we dont know what it is.

my X-360 works perfect

then when watching sky, whenver something fast happens on the television it goes all pixelated, it never did this on the old tv, so its def something with this television. as i said my xbox works perfect, dvds run fine, but watching Sky it goes wierd.

Take watching football for example : when a player kicks the ball pretty hard and ball seems to be very distorted or pixeley, now i've read about ghosting, and its not that, any idea what it could be ? if so what would you recommend ? if you need to know what kind of details it has here's the tv :

Curry's 42 inch plasma

Thank you very much for taking your time to help.

Aj.

#2 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

i would say its watching SD content on an HD telly, some cope with it better than others, it has to upscale the image for the tv.

If that is what it is you will get used to it soon.

#3 Greasemonkey AJ

Greasemonkey AJ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

well i was hoping that but after 2 weeks with it, it seems to just get more and more noticeable, its really obvious which isnt good.

#4 XPxAxBxLxOX

XPxAxBxLxOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:05 AM

I agree with grim on this. SD channels on an HD tv really sucks. There is really only 2 things you can do. Either cope with it or only watch in HD, and even then on HD it can become all grainy depend how fast action is or how big the tv is.

Try finding a channel that is available in both SD and HD and switch back and forth between the two.

Try reading this. Im not familiar with the site, but it should answer alot of questions based on your situation.

http://www.highdefin....com/?page_id=5

Edited by XPxAxBxLxOX, 22 March 2008 - 03:13 AM.

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:16 PM

Make sure you are watching it through the scart and that the settings in the Sky Services menu are set to RGB.
Is this TV bigger than your old TV?
The problem more likely is that the new TV is that good it is showing up the inherent faults in a lot of the Sky transmissions , namely the crap bit rate and shit compression used for most of the off peak football.
The Digital artefacts have always been there but are more noticeable the bigger the screen and the better the TV.
10 extra gets you Sky HD which will be a lot better

#6 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Mar 23 2008, 05:52 PM) View Post