5 replies to this topic

#1 seriousfix

seriousfix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

I had no problem connecting to my PC before it died. I rebuilt it and now when I find the computer and try to add a source it asks for my Username and Password. Why? I have file sharing turned on for my network and as far as I can tell there is no password protection on it.

Please help.

#2 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Check and make sure all your network settings are correct. They most probably are since you can see the computer, but double check anyway. Then disable sharing on your selected folders and then re-enable sharing, while the xbox is on and connected. This worked for me when I had your problem.

#3 seriousfix

seriousfix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(xess @ Mar 23 2008, 08:21 AM) View Post

Check and make sure all your network settings are correct. They most probably are since you can see the computer, but double check anyway. Then disable sharing on your selected folders and then re-enable sharing, while the xbox is on and connected. This worked for me when I had your problem.

Actually I think the disabling and re-enabling of my folders worked. Thank you. Everything seems fine now. Problem solved.

Thanks again.

#4 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(seriousfix @ Mar 23 2008, 01:40 PM) View Post

Actually I think the disabling and re-enabling of my folders worked. Thank you. Everything seems fine now. Problem solved.

Thanks again.

beerchug.gif

#5 seriousfix

seriousfix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:13 AM

This worked find until I restarted my Xbox. It always ask me for a Username and Password. Is there a place on the Xbox where I can store it?

Thanks.

#6 sipart

sipart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

Not in front of xbmc at the moment but in settings (probably network) you can set a default to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users