#1 derutatu

derutatu

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:25 AM

hello. need a little help guys. i don't own a 360 headset and don't even have where to buy from ..so i need to make my own ..can anyone help with some info ? for example ..the 2.5 jack in the controller ..is only for mic, or you set up in that jack adapter, 1*mic, 1*speaker,1*ground ? ..does anyone have a scheme for how to make it, or something that can help me ? thanks in advance

#2 derutatu

derutatu

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

any hint ?

#3 Eddie_the_Hated

Eddie_the_Hated

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:Modding... Duh.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

So, you have a store to purchase electronics parts from, but don't have a major commercial retailer to buy a headset from. They're widely available. I don't have a lot of help for you if you're looking to make your own, I'd bugger up the explanation, and you'd end up with a cross-wired mess, but so far as I know it's a simple 2.5 jack headset with a (so far as I know) non-essential mute/volume control. Google should be your friend on this one.

#4 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

If you have a mobile phone's hands free you can use that you wont have mute or volume control though

#5 afandiewinter

afandiewinter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(Protolisk @ Apr 6 2008, 04:11 AM) View Post

If you have a mobile phone's hands free you can use that you wont have mute or volume control though

this may come in handy - LINK

#6 spinjunky

spinjunky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:57 PM

wal-mart carries the the At&T cordless phone headset with inline mute and volume for 9.95. It IS the microsoft headset just in black and the mute and vol moved to the cord. I bought it for my cell phone and realized that it is the exact same headset as the 360 headset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users