• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 murdoc158

murdoc158

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

I tried softmodding my xbox tonight and something got hosed up along the way. I ended up loosing my M$ dashboard. I can still play games, but if I boot without anything in the disk drive I get the "send your xbox in for service message". Is there anyway I can get the MS dashboard back? I can get into the Softmodder dashboard so is it possible I can FTP the stock files back to where they need to go? Thanks.

#2 HD10291

HD10291

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:08 AM

If you can get into the softmod menu then you're safe, but if you can't ftp you got some dificulty.

Try using an ftp tutorial to ftp to your Xbox, if that works, you're good.
Download Slayers auto installer off Xbins, then download CXbox-tool from the same place. Then use CXbox-tool to extract the C folder containing the xboxdash.xbe. Then just erase everything on the C drive of the Xbox, and then ftp over the contents of the C folder from the auto installer. Then install your softmod, and you're good.

If you can't ftp for whatever reason, you need to burn the iso image of Slayers installer to a CD or DVD. Then depending on the error code you should be able to but it in your Xbox. Just insert the installer in the Xbox drive, power off and back on, it might load. If it does, go through the options to install your Xbox to its retail state.

If that doesn't work, try hot swapping, then you can replace the files with Xplorer360 or XboxHDM.

Or you can, go into your softmod menu, install evox and try booting the Xbox with the disk drive open and close to see if you can get a dashboard. If that works you should be able to boot Slayer's disk either way.

Or if you can't do that, if you're installing SID or another softmod with file manager. You can go into file manager, then go to udata, go through all the files till you find evoxdash.xbe. Click it, and Evox should boot, try to ftp, or you can hotswap from the evox menu, or boot slayers.

God I hope this helps lol

Edited by HD10291, 31 March 2008 - 06:10 AM.

#3 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:19 AM

You can FTP the MS Dash back to the C drive. Depending on the softmod you will need to name it msdash.xbe or maybe msxboxdash.xbe or maybe xboxdash.xbe.

You should use CASH Ver 1.1 and upgrade your softmod to Krazie's Ndure to prevent this in the future.

#4 murdoc158

murdoc158

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:13 PM

Thanks guys. I found a C.zip file in some package I had downloaded. I was able to FTP that over and get everything back to normal and install the softmod at the same time. I just installed the Media Center dashboard, but now I have to find out how to stream videos from my Mac. Wish me luck. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users