5 replies to this topic

#1 guyonphone

guyonphone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

Hello,

I just opened my xbox for the first time, (Its a newer 360) To my horror i found a v0079FL starring back at me.
The only tutorial I could find, for modding this drive is this one from www.360mods.net. However looking at the information for that tutorial it was published Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:15 am.

That seems that it could be a fair bit out of date to me.

I was hoping someone could tell me what the latest technique is and what the best mod chip to use on this drive is. Even though i will go through the hassel of buying a heatgun, taking apart the drive, removing the epoxy, and installing a mod chip, if someone found an easier way, that would be preffered.

thanks

P.S. im writting this in the newbie section cause im not sure if this would pass the test of being put in the dvd firmware section.

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

First point is observation. The very first page has '2008 edition' in the top right corner on the mock '...for Dummies' graphic.

The data in this guide is up to date - you will either need to install a passkey or reprogram the TSOP directly. Neither are for newcomers to this level of electronics and would urge you to seek assistance from someone who's done this before.

#3 guyonphone

guyonphone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

HA! well dont i feel dumb, I overlooked the cover page! The only thing im worried about is removal of the epoxy, as for the soldering I can do that. I guess im going to go with the maximus passkey then, seems like the best option.

http://www.maximusga...passkeyinfo.php

http://www.mod-chip....box360_main.htm

however, just to cover all my bases

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Apr 1 2008, 01:33 PM) View Post

you will either need to install a passkey or reprogram the TSOP directly

how does one go about reprograming the tsop?

Edited by guyonphone, 01 April 2008 - 09:13 PM.

#4 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(guyonphone @ Apr 1 2008, 01:38 PM) View Post

how does one go about reprograming the tsop?

Thats also covered in Textbooks tutorial. You need to fully remove it and reprog it in a Willem type programmer.

#5 guyonphone

guyonphone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

Ok, is it possible, to purchase an older hitachi drive that is easier to mod, say a 46/47/59 off ebay or llama, mod it and install it in my current 360?

#6 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:24 PM

you still got to read the 79 to get the drive key so it still means using the passkey or read the tsop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users