• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BaRaKa-Sound

BaRaKa-Sound

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:26 AM

So I got a second console in the house for gaming. Trying to keep costs down cause I already spent too much on gear and dont have enough left for another wifi adapter. (at time being)

Right now, the gear I have is...

1x MN-740 Xbox Wireless Adapter
1x Airlink 4-Port Router

No internet signal here.. however, getting free wireless from somewhere else(no access to wifi router) I Manage to get 3bars on my 360 and 4 on my laptop. Gameplay is usually alright if I get on the right game. (I turn my laptops wifi off when I play)

When I connect the Wireless Adapter, to my router, then to both xbox360's.. they detect as wired connections, obtains ip address's ,but DNS fails however.

Is it possible to set up both boxes like this ? (my network skills are ok, but still a bit green when it comes to config settings)

Thanks for any tips.

smile.gif

#2 foogrrr

foogrrr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

hi BaRaKa-Sound,

Im having troubles understanding the exact problem you are having. My understanding is that you are attempting to use one wireless router to connect 2 360's to XBL?

#3 snmp

snmp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:22 AM

lol, quit stealing other peoples wifi and you wont have a prob.
sbhacker.net can help you with internet.

#4 shawnvd

shawnvd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:36 AM

just bridge the connection from your laptop's wireless to the ethernet card, then hook up an ethernet cord from your 2nd 360 to the laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users