#1 Plug

Plug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

I just did 4 BenQs thisafternoon.

took me about 5 minutes per xbox. to read the flash and then eraze the flash then write the flash.

--------------------------
Do this first in windows or windows vista or x32 or x64

make a bootable USB stick, Useing Iprep thats updated.
stick dosflash on the root of your usbstick.
this will create a bootable disk with the correct ports of your Sata via cards internal port.
--------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS:

Boot your system into dos with the serial ata cable in your sata cards primery port
once in dos start your xbox up and then 5 seconds later plug your sata cable into your xbox dvdrom benq drive.
then type this:

dosflash r xxxx 1 a0 1 4 c:\orig.bin 0

then press enter it will say something to resent the command select y then press enter.
then you will get something like this flashing : 0x7F at this point turn your xbox off then 2 seconds later turn it on and the status will change to 0x51 or 0xD1 then finaly turn your xbox off again for 2 seconds then turn it back on

you will then get a GOOD STATUS of : 0x73 and the flash will begin to read this will make a copy to the root of your usb stick

boot into windows run a program called xbox tool box and open your orig.bin on the root of your usb stick it will then give you your KEY!

back this key up if you loose it you wont be able to replace the drive, EXPENSIVE DVDPLAYER lol

once its backed up open the benq hacked firmware and paste the key into where all 77777777777777777777 s are. then click replace key.

once done rename the hacked firmware to orig.bin *remember to back up your orig.bin and key somewhere safe then delete the orig.bin from the root of your usb stick and paste in the hacked orig.bin in the root of the usb stick and reboot into dos useing the pendrive remember to power off your xbox and unplug the sata cable from the xbox when your in dos just follow the same precedure as before but this time you will type

dosflash e xxxx 1 a0 1 4 d8 0

that command will eraze the firmware on your benqdrive

then power off the xbox and unplug the sata cable again repeat the steps again and enter the final command

dosflash w xxxx 1 a0 1 4 c:\orig.bin 0

this will then flash the new hacked firmware onto your benqdrive.

dont forget to replace the xxxx with the master port of your sata card you can get this command from the dben and fben batch files that iprep created.

this was very easy method i used and also dont forget to use dosflash v1.3 on your pendrives root becuse if you use 1.4 you will get a problem i ran into where when i tryed the eraze command it would bring up a version missing at the end of the eraze and if you try to write the flash you will run into a problem i had again lol where bye it will write all banks and at the end spit out 1827345 errors.

hope this helps somepeople it really helped me out
without this site though i wouldnt have been able to do it its basicly the same method i used for my sammy ms28 drive aswell but i used mtkflash instead of dosflash...

have fun wink.gif

#2 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

I laugh at this post as you call it the easy way......This is the hard way......

When BenQ's first were software moddable we never had to do this much work.

This is more a 'When the usual method doesnt work, try this....' way wink.gif

Congrats on getting it to work though

#3 Thundercleese

Thundercleese

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:04 AM

I actually spent hours trying to get iprep to recognise my benq with no luck, i never figured out why.

Thanks to a post in another thread I realized i could just 1) Boot to windows with benq plugged in with via6421, then 2) Use dosflash32 (windows GUI) to read and flash with a couple of mouse clicks. Easy as pie. Flashed once as 8x and then back to 12x no probs.

#4 Plug

Plug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Apr 3 2008, 12:15 AM) View Post

I laugh at this post as you call it the easy way......This is the hard way......

When BenQ's first were software moddable we never had to do this much work.

This is more a 'When the usual method doesnt work, try this....' way wink.gif

Congrats on getting it to work though

This method i like becuse of problems
like these

Stack Overflow Errors
When powering on xbox then pc, pc locks up before hitting dos
dos locks up when powering the xbox up in dos

the hotplug method works great, you power the xbox first then plug the cable in
works like a charm wink.gif

you still get the stack overflow errors but you only get those after a read or write or eraze smile.gif but it still works becuse it spits out a datasum smile.gif

#5 ZprivateZ

ZprivateZ

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:00 AM

An even easier way to flash a benq drive is not to use iprep thats where most problems come from.

Edited by ZprivateZ, 03 April 2008 - 06:00 AM.

#6 VanydotK

VanydotK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

sorry to burst your bubble but everything you just wrote is pretty much in the dosflash readme.

#7 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:35 AM

I perosnallly fail to see how it can detect an error in the config.sys file if the HDD's are not powered.

It certainly is a strange error though, more and more people are getting it (I got it once lol)

Fair play to plug for sussing it out with the hotplugging, and for posting as it may help another member when they search.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users