PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:13 AM

Sony pulling plug on SIXAXIS
Posted by XanTium | 2-4-2008 21:13 EST

From joystiq.com:

This shouldn't come as much of a ... shock, but Sony is discontinuing the Sixaxis in light of the DualShock 3's arrival, according to MTV. A Sony rep says that you can likely expect them to all be gone by summertime.

Full Story: joystiq.com

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:07 AM

Its about time...SIXAXIS sucks. They should have never went with it and just stuck with the DualShock

#3 warmaster_670

warmaster_670

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Apr 3 2008, 01:43 AM) View Post

Its about time...SIXAXIS sucks. They should have never went with it and just stuck with the DualShock

well, they ARE pretty much the exact same thing, except th DS3 has rumble, which they were still having that spat with immersion im pretty sure when the ps3 was coming out.

unless im missing something about the DS3

#4 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(warmaster_670 @ Apr 3 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post

well, they ARE pretty much the exact same thing, except th DS3 has rumble, which they were still having that spat with immersion im pretty sure when the ps3 was coming out.

unless im missing something about the DS3

Nah, you got it right. MS was also in a suit with Immersion, but they settled out of court iirc, and very quickly.

#5 Kamasutra318

Kamasutra318

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:As a Computer Engineer, I try to learn as much as I can about electronics and software. Also games.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE(warmaster_670 @ Apr 3 2008, 04:57 AM) View Post
well, they ARE pretty much the exact same thing, except th DS3 has rumble
The form factor remains unchanged, but I think many people will immediately prefer the DS3 because of the increased weight; it's even heaver than the DS2. I personally don't care about the lightness of the SIXAXIS, but that seemed to be one of the most common complaints.

#6 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(Kamasutra318 @ Apr 3 2008, 11:13 PM) View Post

The form factor remains unchanged, but I think many people will immediately prefer the DS3 because of the increased weight; it's even heaver than the DS2. I personally don't care about the lightness of the SIXAXIS, but that seemed to be one of the most common complaints.

Yeah, thats my biggest complaint really. Normally for console controllers i like them to be bigger/heavier. I loved the Duke xbox controllers over the S type, so i guess its just a preference rolleyes.gif

#7 warmaster_670

warmaster_670

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:47 AM

i hated the duke compared to teh controller s, but i loved the original DS more than the DS2, for that reason, it had some weight, without being actually heavy.

of course, the light DS2 wasn't BAD, it just takes a bit ot get used to teh wieght

Edited by warmaster_670, 04 April 2008 - 11:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users