• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bigballa2k6

Bigballa2k6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:25 AM

Hey everyone, i have searched 347 pages to see if this question has been asked, and for the life of me, i can not find it, for the last 2 week, i have been messing around to flash my 360, when i finally get it done, and think to myself..YES, i have it... I get a E66, sad.gif, guess i used a old firmware and i was really upset about it. and was going to throw my 360 away, but i was wondering-- do i have to restore to the orig, that i have in my Backup folder.. i made like 10 copies...lololol, or can i just upgrade to a newer firmware..ie ixtreme 1.4, and if so how would i be able to do that , any help would be greatly appreciated.. i am severly fustrated..."), and how \would i be able to do this.. i have both iprep 101 v006, and bootmaker// i used bootmaker to flash????

#2 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:37 AM

YOU should restore your original fw first to ensure that it will eliminate your problem. THEN upgrade it to 1.4.

I thought that error only came from reporting a different drive than what it came with, in which case, you should use fw toolbox to spoof your fw. If it's the original drive, perhaps you have an ms25 saying it's an ms28 or something?

#3 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

Open one of your 10 orig.bin files you got when reading the firmware.

Paste it itno the same folder as 'Make iXtreme firmware.cmd' found in the iXtreme 1.4 (Samsungs) folder

Run Make iXtreme firmware.cmd it should create a hacked .bin file for you.

Copy this to your Bootable device that you used to read/write (you referred to it as Xtreme Boot Maker)

use this command to flash

mtkflash w /m name of hacked firmware you just created.bin

for example

CODE
mtkflash w /m ix14-12.bin

Edited by OggyUK, 03 April 2008 - 10:46 AM.

#4 Bigballa2k6

Bigballa2k6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Apr 3 2008, 03:21 AM) View Post

Open one of your 10 orig.bin files you got when reading the firmware.

Paste it itno the same folder as 'Make iXtreme firmware.cmd' found in the iXtreme 1.4 (Samsungs) folder

Run Make iXtreme firmware.cmd it should create a hacked .bin file for you.

Copy this to your Bootable device that you used to read/write (you referred to it as Xtreme Boot Maker)

use this command to flash

mtkflash w /m name of hacked firmware you just created.bin

for example

CODE
mtkflash w /m ix14-12.bin

open the orig.bin, with what program? in the samsung ixteme folder is 2x,5x,8x,12x, i tried to use iprep to open the orig.bin and i also used boot maker, but they both say invalid firmware?? but when i open the orig.bin with firmware toolbox- i can see my key... what is the program that i would need to get?

Edited by Bigballa2k6, 03 April 2008 - 06:51 PM.

#5 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:26 PM

Sorry, didnt proof read my post.

Open the orig.bin in Firmware Toolbox, verify the drive key has no multiple FF or 00 bytes.

Then copy it.

#6 Bigballa2k6

Bigballa2k6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Apr 3 2008, 01:02 PM) View Post

Sorry, didnt proof read my post.

Open the orig.bin in Firmware Toolbox, verify the drive key has no multiple FF or 00 bytes.

Then copy it.

there is no multiple FF or 00's its a long key that begins 01989a and then it ends with b2f49f, i already copied that to a text pad. then what? and thank you very much for assisting, too bad there is no IM on here..smile.gif-

#7 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

then the key is valid, either folow the steps in my post above, or get MSN and Ill gide you through it.

#8 Bigballa2k6

Bigballa2k6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Apr 3 2008, 02:12 PM) View Post

then the key is valid, either folow the steps in my post above, or get MSN and Ill gide you through it.

you are going to kill me, and i am sorry-- i followed instructions, and with the xtreme 33, i flashed with the iextreme 1.4 and all was perfect, it said that it spoofed from ms 25 to ms 28, and it was sucessful, all was sucessful but when i shut the 360 down, and restarted it went right to e66 again. i am very stupid for doing that. if you can guide me thru this oredal, i will never touch my 360 again...sad.gif

Edited by Chancer, 04 April 2008 - 09:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users