• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 geetar_lira

geetar_lira

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hey guys, I have a modded xbox, it has a lot of features and it definelty has the dvd2xbox feature. I already have the emulator and roms ready to burn onto a dvd-r, but my questions are, can i just burn the files onto a dvd-r and play them out of the xbox? or do i have to burn them as an ISO file and play them off the dvd-r? or, do i have to use the dvd2xbox feature to rip the dvd-r files into the HDD and then play them off of the xbox?
Thanks.

#2 HD10291

HD10291

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

Most of my DVD drives don't read data disks, so you should make them into an ISO. You can find guides out there all over teh interweb on how to do this.

#3 geetar_lira

geetar_lira

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:49 AM

oh ok, and do i HAVE to use a dvd-r? or can i use a cd-r? that seems to be the debate around here.

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

Hi,

CD-R will not work in most of the cases (95%).

Some emulators don't run of a DVD because they have files they write to.
If they assume those files are in the same folder as the xbe you started, they have a problem.

In my opinion, it is easier to run the emulators of the harddisk.

FTPing to the xbox works easier than burning a DVD-R every time.

With the stock disk, you don't come very far that way. A bigger harddisk is not that expensive, and you don't have to swap disks every time you change from one game to another.

The Dvdrom is the least reliable part of the xbox. So, the less you use it, the longer you will have pleasure from your xbox.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users