• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Noct

Noct

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:31 AM

As I posted in my other thread, I just killed my old modded V1.0 box and replaced it with a V1.1
I have installed my Aladdin Advance plus in the new system, but since it has been years since I have done any of this stuff I'm having trouble setting up the new system.

Can I just pull the HDD from my V1.0 box and put it in the new box so I don't have to re-install everything again?

#2 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:40 AM

As long as it isn't locked to your old box.

#3 Noct

Noct

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:50 AM

Well, I don't know what that means unfortunately...

I had it set to unlocked through the evox dashboard last I checked, but I have read that turning it on without a chip in it can automatically lock it, is that true? I have definitely tried to boot it up since I removed the modchip (more then once), but I don't think it ever fully booted up...

I guess the real question is can I damage anything by trying this?

Can I mess up my new system by putting the old HDD in it? Like, to the point where if I put the now working one back in afterwards I'd have a problem?

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:01 AM

What was wrong with your old thread? huh.gif

If the drive is locked to the 1.0 box, your 1.1 system will give you an error 6.

Removing your modchip wouldn't relock the drive, but a non-hardmodded box won't boot without a lock in place. In that case you'd get an error 5 (only in practise that's not the case, 'cause the 1.0 boxes don't give error codes).

Putting the old HDD into the new X-Box won't damage it. However, you might find some save games won't work properly with the new system.

#5 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:01 AM

Xbox hdd's are locked to the mobo's with a key, so if it is locked it won't work in any other xbox, unless you have the eeprom backed up. If you booted with an unlocked drive in an unmodded system you would get an error code, but it wouldn't automatically lock it.
Anyway, no, you can't do any harm by sticking it in the new box and trying. You will only get an error code if it is still locked. If it's unlocked it will boot normally.
EDIT: Bomb Bloke beat me! biggrin.gif

Edited by xess, 07 April 2008 - 01:05 AM.

#6 Noct

Noct

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Apr 6 2008, 08:37 PM) View Post

What was wrong with your old thread?

Well, nothing was "wrong" with it, but since this is an entirely different topic, I made a different thread to ask about it. Someone with the answer for my HDD question may not have read the other topic based on its title.

Anyways...
The drive works perfectly, so thanks for the replies. I'm finally back in business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users