brando56894

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:36 AM

does anyone have an app that will truncate filenames after 48 characters which i believe is the limit for the fatx names correct? i have a decent amount of roms that either contain invalid characters or the name is too long and they wont transfer. id hate to have to do this manually.

#2 tlamb

tlamb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:08 AM

if you ftp through xbmc it will auto rename them to be compliant with fatx partitions

#3 brando56894

brando56894

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

thats what i thought too but whenever i ftp something flashfxp will have a list of anywhere from 10-100 files with long names and illegal characters such as ()[]# etc..

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

File Renamer

I use this to rename many files at one time. On the PC I like to have the artist - song, but on the Xbox I like just the song name since it gets too long.

There are many options with this thing. You can use the find and replace. Put { [ ( # or any other unwanted character in the find and leave the replace blank or you can put in a space. You can shorten the file name to how many characters you want. It is a really good piece of software. There is a web site that gives you a lot of tutorial hints. It took me a long time to understand the true power of this software.

Press F2 to bring up the extended options.

Edited by 1hotjob, 09 May 2008 - 06:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users