• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SalfordProjectDJ™

SalfordProjectDJ™

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

I have a Original XBOX Console Totally Unmodded and never been opened and i have just bought a mod chip for it.

i bought a :

DuoX 2 Gs Cromwell/FlashBios Edition

http://www.modchip-s...ition-p-62.html
--------------------------------------------

It comes pre-flashed with the latest Cromwell BIOS.

Can any recommend on what BIOS i should upgrade this to and which one would be compatible??...

All this is to ideally be able to run XBMC - Xbox Media Center...

Can anyone roughly run me through a quick guide on how to do this after mod-chip is installed...

Someone is installing the mod chip for me as a favour...

--------------------------------------------

Please Help?

#2 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

What version xbox do you have (v1.0-v1.6)?

If you don't know, go here to find out.

I'm not sure what the newest Xecuter2 bios is, but you can download it using this tutorial.

#3 SalfordProjectDJ™

SalfordProjectDJ™

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

I have a version 1.0 XBOX.

Thanks.

What will i also need to connext the xbox up to (pc?) via ethernet/crossover and can you point me links to the right software ?

Cheers again.

Edited by SalfordProjectDJ™, 16 April 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#4 SalfordProjectDJ™

SalfordProjectDJ™

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

i have xbins but dont know what i have to download on it or under what directory :S ??

#5 SalfordProjectDJ™

SalfordProjectDJ™

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

Wont i also need a dashboard to work with the hacked BIOS on the modchip ??

#6 Israelr

Israelr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:32 AM

1. EvoX will work on your v1.0 box with that chip.
2. The bios I used for the same combination chip and xbox version was X2 4981.06. I'm sure there is a newer, better one, but if you're just looking for something to get going until you know better what you want, that one will work.
3. I don't know if XBMC will work with that combination, I'm sure others do.
4. Here is a link to the tutorial I used to flash my bios. htttp://hackdabox.eternalnoob.net/Duox2_Flashing.html I used the cromwell method and when the Xbox spit out the Eurasia DVD so I could throw in the bios DVD, I also switched the chip over to the other bank so as to not write over my Linux-Cromwell bios.
5. To connect to a PC, will either need a crossover cable if you are connecting directly, or a straight through cable with a router between. You will also need an FTP program like FlashFXP and you will need the IP address of your xbox. Make sure you are running a dash that will allow you to FTP in and the username and password if required (usually xbox and xbox).
6. I can't remember exactly where to find the bios on xbins. You'll just have to poke around the bios folders until you find it. You can find EvoX in the dashboards folder. Really the best way to figure out xbins is to look through the folders and familiarize yourself with what is found where.
7. No, you don't need a dashboard. You can use the MS dash if you want, but what would be the point?

#7 SalfordProjectDJ™

SalfordProjectDJ™

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

But how do i go about installing a dashboard ? :S

Tutorial for this ?

#8 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

Download the Slayers V2.7 disk. Its an auto-installer disk that will be able to do pretty much everything you need. I don't know if Xbins has it, but I can't really tell you where to download it. Search newsgroups or your P2P network of choice.

It can flash the chip for you, install whatever dashboard you want and it might even tie your shoes for ya.
Yes, XBMC will work just fine for ya.

If you need any tutorials, check the main xbox-scene site. There is a link for tutorials at the top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users