• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SalfordProjectDJ™

SalfordProjectDJ™

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:53 PM

I recently bought a Duox 2 Mod chip for xbox and had it installed...

(was sposed to recieve a Duox 2 Gs Cromwell/FlashBIOS version instead) - WRONG ONE SENT

I had it installed anway and all works fine...

Both BIOS's on it boot fine...i dont know what the first one is but it boots with a blue xbox sign i think its the original XECUTER2 version bios and on the second BIOS it has EvoX with the EvoX shield in the top left corner...

but when the BIOS has loaded it goes to the MS dashboard... how can i replace this to get all the features out of the modchip as possible..??

do i still need to update the BIOS...??

Or how can i FTP to the box if i dont have privaliges on the box if it boots to the original dash??

Please Help?

I have a version 1.0 Xbox with a Duox 2 Mod chip installed (2x512kb BIOS)

#2 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

You need to install an alternate dashboard, otherwise it will always boot to the MS dash. No, you don't need to update your bios. Everything should be fine, and you can tell because of the EvoX or Xecuter Logo that is being displayed before the MS dashboard loads.

The easiest method is to download an auto-installer disk like Slayers. I think the latest edition is Slayers V2.7, but I haven't had to find something new in a couple years. I can't tell you where to find it, but Xbins might have it. You can find an Xbins tutorial here

If you can't find a Slayers disk, or one of the hundreds of other auto-installer disks, then you'll have to manually make your own EvoX dashboard disk. Either search for how to do this or I'd bet there is more than a few tutorials on the main Xbox-scene website that detail how to do that.

#3 litspliff

litspliff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:electronics, music, your sister.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

dude, just burn a dvd with...

evox

or some other dashboard with FTP service.

once you boot to that, you can FTP into your hard drive.

copy evox.xbe and evox.ini into your C: and/or F: partition (in the root directory "\")

if you have a proper xecuter bios, it will find the evox file and run it on boot with no disc in the DVD drive.

just like a PC, but the bootloader is hard coded in the bios.

#4 PoobaoNC

PoobaoNC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Hello,

I just puchaced and installed a DuoX 2 chip. I got my hands on a slayers EvoX auto installer. I put it onto a CD and tried to run it, but my Xbox won't recognize the disc. I don't know what to do!

#5 litspliff

litspliff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:electronics, music, your sister.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

sometimes burn discs don't want to work with xbox drives.

try different brands, types (+/-), and if you can try a different model of DVD drive - samsung works the best for burn discs. also, burn at the slowest speed for best results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users