• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Decepticon604

Decepticon604

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:51 AM

Well im new to this so here it goes. Recently i flashed with extreme 1.4 12x ( my first time flashing ) now it seems that its having a hard time reading back ups but not originals. Is this due to the 12x, maybe i should try 8x. Now i wonder is it as simple as dumping the 12x and flashing again with 8x or is it more complex than that.
Again I am really new to this so any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Oh yea its an ms28 done with iprep

Edited by Decepticon604, 20 April 2008 - 02:54 AM.

#2 Refferehtom

Refferehtom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:40 AM

I'm pretty sure you just "restore" your drive then flash it again with desired speed.

#3 Decepticon604

Decepticon604

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:58 AM

Ok well maybe I will give it a try ....anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to do that.

#4 Mad_Gouki

Mad_Gouki

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:Gamez
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

I did that very thing a few days ago, at 12x backups were stuttering, but at slower speeds they run perfectly.
If you are using IPrep, just use dSam to get the firmware off of the dvd drive (you just need the key from it) and then verify it(make sure it has the key in there!) with one of the programs for that, then flash the new firmware on there with fSam. You don't have to flash the original firmware back on there to change the firmware afaik, just as long as the one on there is valid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users