389 replies to this topic

#256 Kijoki

Kijoki

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

I suggest you check out the modfreakz link he refers to (youtube video). They show how a flashed philips pc sata drive with benq firmware runs dvds (backups or original dunno) on a 360.

Pretty neat actually and that's over a year ago... seems cheaper to me than spoofing with another 360 drive.

#257 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Kijoki @ Oct 21 2008, 12:02 PM) View Post

I suggest you check out the modfreakz link he refers to (youtube video). They show how a flashed philips pc sata drive with benq firmware runs dvds (backups or original dunno) on a 360.

phillips and benq are the same company. they were probably very similar drives. with the benq and liteon, one would assume the firmware would be pretty different, and purposely designed that way.

also, urn specifically said benq firmware on a samsung drive (presumably he meant a samsung 360 drive)

#258 LORDMASH

LORDMASH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

just been helping my bro install a dvd rom on his pc over the webcam and i notice that the drive is very similair to the 360 drive looks the same apart from the power supply, it's a dh-16d3s
is there any data sheets for lite-on's?

#259 Kijoki

Kijoki

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Oct 21 2008, 05:11 PM) View Post

phillips and benq are the same company. they were probably very similar drives. with the benq and liteon, one would assume the firmware would be pretty different, and purposely designed that way.

also, urn specifically said benq firmware on a samsung drive (presumably he meant a samsung 360 drive)

Urns isn't the one who posted the video though.. And in there it says specifically a philips dvd rom. Btw unless I am mistaken isn't the lite-on drive a philips lite-on?

Anyways I think bonzo mentioned something about a 26df161 no ISP programmer. From what I understood from that sentence was that he found a way to dump a firmware from pretty much the same chip. Then again I could be miles off tongue.gif

#260 theurn15

theurn15

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Oct 21 2008, 05:11 PM) View Post

well I forgot where I found a news about Samsung pc drive flashed by benq firmware not xbox 360 samsung drive rolleyes.gif , however
this news about Philips pc drive flashed by benq firmware
1- http://www.xboxhacke...p?topic=10190.0
2- http://www.tehskeen....ead.php?p=21575

#261 dragon45801

dragon45801

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(spavia @ Oct 22 2008, 05:50 AM) View Post

Hei guys i need help i soldered the 2 points and ok checked with meter. but i cannot recognise the drive in windows xp. I do the tray trick , legacy mode in bios , connect sata cable and usb start windows and windows saw the xtractor but not the Liteon drive. any tutorial on utube? What am i doing wrong?

did you install the usb drivers that make your usb port a com port?

#262 spavia

spavia

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

Yes i did

#263 kolor9

kolor9

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

so, for you to know, a team of guys managed to strip down the chip

[11:09] <DCP> c4eva now u have teh controller chip stripped down have u been able to read the fw off it
[11:11] <c4eva> soon, work is progressing
[11:11] <kolor> c4eva if u r able to read fw off it, does it means that fw is identical on all liteons, and we all can erase current/write hacked one to our liteons using software
[11:12] <c4eva> yes, but key must still be dumped, but once fw is read, will look for other holes, software erase/write already done
[11:17] <c4eva> once we have fw, and create ixtreme, you just put your key in and flash back!
[11:17] <DCP> throught the sata
[11:18] <c4eva> flash-yes
[11:18] <DCP> nice
[11:18] <kolor> nice idd
[11:18] <c4eva> once we have fw, will look for easy way to get key

#264 spavia

spavia

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hi guys i managed to see the drive with the 360 Xtreactor tool reader. I managed to take the key but when i go prepare spoof firmware it take the key.bin file ok but inquiry.bin say not 96bytes file and the identify.bin say not 512 bytes file any one can help please.

#265 Nomar1245

Nomar1245

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(kolor9 @ Oct 23 2008, 10:59 AM) View Post

[11:09] <DCP> c4eva now u have teh controller chip stripped down have u been able to read the fw off it
[11:11] <kolor> c4eva if u r able to read fw off it, does it means that fw is identical on all liteons, and we all can erase current/write hacked one to our liteons using software
[11:12] <c4eva> yes, but key must still be dumped, but once fw is read, will look for other holes, software erase/write already done
[11:17] <c4eva> once we have fw, and create ixtreme, you just put your key in and flash back!

I've read every post in this thread since last friday, when I purchased a 360, not knowing there was a knew drive since my last drive flash.

After your post I can't decide if I'm excited or not. I'm one of those people who always believes a mod will come because it pretty much has (on various systems).

I've been telling myself I bought this at the best time I could get one of these drives but I don't know if I should really be jumping at this news because theres been a lot like it since April.

Oh well........only time will tell

#266 baltazor

baltazor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(kolor9 @ Oct 23 2008, 11:59 AM) View Post

Looks promising when i read these hopefull words rolleyes.gif

My impatience and above all my Wallet has its limits ! Dont like to screw up and fry my new liteon drive by soldering it even before i get the key out uhh.gif

In the meanwhile its back to PS2 days biggrin.gif
Have some UNFINISHED bussiness whit some GREAT PS2 games anyway

baltazor,

#267 Mirkec23

Mirkec23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(andredeklerk @ Oct 28 2008, 04:37 PM) View Post

Does anyone know how far progressed the hacked firmware is eg. any irc posts or anything?

http://www.xboxhacke...;topic=9647.340

#268 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(deffc0n @ Nov 3 2008, 05:09 AM) View Post

Only ModChip never normal flashing this Liteon.

and why exactly is this? the liteon is flashable, we just need a firmware for it. without a firmware, it would be impossible to design a modchip. i predict we will get both at roughly the same time, since there are people that insist on a chip due to the false sense of security they give.

#269 run187

run187

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:37 AM

http://www.360drives.com/list

enter lot number in that it will tell you whats in it ,its either benq or lite on grr.gif
or easier way is to po face plate off and shine torch into the hole
whites benq yellow will be lite on holes above second memory dod dad
no hole Hitachi I believe and i guess samsung would be red

there was a 60gb with the benq so you or your friend may of go lucky s/m..

#270 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:07 AM

I agree with OggyUK. This thread is getting ridiculous. Here is a summary of the 400+ posts in this thread:

1) There is no hacked firmware for the LiteOn drive
2) You can replace the drive with a moddable drive tutorial HERE
3) You will have to spoof your replacement drive as a LiteOn. No one knows for sure if this is more detecable on Live, but it most likely is. Your best bet is to replace it with a BenQ as it is the most similar to the LiteOn.
4) The drives firmware can be written to and erased, however since it cannot be dumped yet it is impossible to create hacked firmware
5) NO ONE KNOWS WHEN A HACKED FIRMWARE WILL BE AVAILABLE (ie firmware dumped and a hacked version created). There are people (C4Eva's team working on it).

That pretty much summarizes 400+ posts. This is supposed to be a technical thread, feel free to post if you have any technical info on getting the firmware dumped. Otherwise, if would be nice if we could stop seeing the same questions, all of which are answered in the 5 points above. I am not a mod or anything...just a huge fan of this website biggrin.gif

Edited by BigSteel, 06 November 2008 - 05:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users