• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#46 birdman1967

birdman1967

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

I sent a controller to my friend as I know nothing about them to do anything to them, and he states that the board is exactly the one Odingalt posted a pic of. The controllers were black, had the original sku and were purchased at a local best buy in the Chicago area. I am really hoping TP spots can eventually be put up.

@RDC- It is really unfortunate that people do not post to at least say thank you. I personally do not know anything about modding, I am more of an auto guy myself but enjoy gaming and enjoy having buttons customized to my huge hands, it makes the controller much more comfortable for me to use. So from me to you, I thank you immensely for all you do. Without you here posting the TP spots, my friend wouldnt be able to mod the controller to my liking. I eagerly await you and odingalt for the new 1.06 boards. Thanks again!!!

#47 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

You're Welcome.

As soon as I run across one it will be done up like all of the rest, just haven't seen one here yet.

#48 freakk

freakk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

I recently bought a new ps3 and I got 2 controllers with 2 of those pcb board as in the pic of odingalt.

I really looked everywhere on the web but I can't find the tp of this board and I really need them..
Someone any idea how to find the points on my own?

#49 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

Get out the DMM, a good magnifying glass, pencil and paper, then start tracing out what connects to what and document it all.

#50 sagoku

sagoku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

ciao ragazzi ... io sono Sas, sono italiano, ho rotto il joypad e volevo un consiglio/aiuto.
per esser esatti ho bruciato il smd D1, suppongo sia il cmos dell'alimentazione usb.
qualcuno sa dirmi come si chiama il componente che dovei comprare per sostituirlo ?
essendo bruciato non leggo la sigla, inoltre non trovo il datasheet per il sixaxis (no dualshock3)

Google translate

hello guys ... I am Sasa, I'm Italian, I broke my joypad and I wanted some advice / help.
to be exact I burned the smd D1, I suppose is the cmos usb power.
someone can tell me what the name of the component that must to buy to replace it?
being burned do not read the code, also I do not find the datasheet for the SIXAXIS (no DualShock3)

#51 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Looking up some of those SMT part numbers can be next to impossible sometimes.

The best thing to do would be to get one from another controller.

D1 is marked with 500 on it for the older Six-Axis only controllers, but it appears to be the same part on all of the different revisions no matter the part number, so any of them should work in place of that one.

It may work if it's just removed, as it seems to be on there only for protection, but if yours is burnt up there could be other problems with your controller as well since that part is also connected to the D+ and D- lines.

Google Translate

Guardando in alto alcuni di questi codici SMT pu essere quasi impossibile a volte.

La cosa migliore da fare sarebbe quella di ottenere uno da un altro controller.

D1 contrassegnato con 500 su di esso per i vecchi controllori unici a sei assi, ma sembra essere la stessa parte su tutte le versioni diverse non importa il numero di parte, quindi nessuno di loro dovrebbe funzionare al posto di quello.

Pu funzionare se appena rimosso, come sembra essere in l solo per la protezione, ma se il vostro bruciato ci potrebbero essere altri problemi con il controller e dal momento che parte anche collegato ai D + e D-linee.

Edited by RDC, 12 March 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#52 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

The Asuka Rev: 1.06 board has been added.

Thanks again to odingalt for donating the board.

#53 sagoku

sagoku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

@ RDC
thanks a lot =o)
i'll try as u suggested.

c u next time bye =o)

#54 sagoku

sagoku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

I would add that however, the controller works without wire but doesn't charge anymore. I'll try to repair it. bye

#55 i7vSa7vi7y

i7vSa7vi7y

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

ASUKA REV: 1.06

The X is R1 and the [ ] is O on this pic.
I'm adding O and X mod but the points are wrong on this image.

#56 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Show pics of your board and soldering, because they aren't wrong for the one I have here, so those pics are correct.

#57 kernal_sandars

kernal_sandars

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

is it possable to take an old style ribbon circuit board and put it into the newest generation of controllers?

im asking this because i want to do the ps led mod and i would like to have my led centered, and i know that on the new style controllers the contact for that button is in the middle and not the sides like the old version.

let me know, i would really appreciate it

#58 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Only the VX5 version is like that, from all the ones I've seen anyway, the rest are still a 'split' design.

Technically it's possible. You'll need to desolder one of the connectors from the older style boards and then wire it up to the corresponding spots on the newer style board, which would be far, far, far more work than just mounting the LED off to the side. The easiest thing to do would be to use the Daughter board and contact pad from another version of controller that still has the split design.

#59 kernal_sandars

kernal_sandars

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(RDC @ Jun 12 2012, 09:11 PM) View Post

Only the VX5 version is like that, from all the ones I've seen anyway, the rest are still a 'split' design.

Technically it's possible. You'll need to desolder one of the connectors from the older style boards and then wire it up to the corresponding spots on the newer style board, which would be far, far, far more work than just mounting the LED off to the side. The easiest thing to do would be to use the Daughter board and contact pad from another version of controller that still has the split design.

thanks for the fast reply. yeah it would be way too much work to try and do all of that.

the housing for my vx3 board doesnt fit into the new style shell

has anyone done a tutorial for installing a ps led on the vx5 board? ichibanstunter has one on youtube but he doesnt really specify where/how he mounts the led's

#60 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

You wouldn't need to change the bracket and everything, just the FPC is all, the thin plastic Daughter board.

There isn't a tutorial for that specific version that I know of.

There's all kinds of room for LEDs, when you're using 0603 SMT size ones that is, to put it at the top or bottom edge of the PS button. It doesn't have to shine up from under the button to light it up. You can get a 3mm one stuffed in there, but it's more work than it needs to be also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users